The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organizational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Office & Estate Management Officer (01/17 Kano)
Grade: A2 (L)
Type of Position: Permanent
Working hours per week: 37
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Job Subcategory: Corporate Services Support
Main Purpose of Job
- Under the strategic direction of the estates team, the Office & Estate Management Officer will oversee Kano Office Northern Nigeria’s administrative systems to ensure that office business needs are met effectively.
- S/he will be responsible for organising all of the administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of the Kano office. This includes the organising of people, information and other resources when necessary as well as to make sure that office equipment is maintained, relevant records are up to date and that all administration processes work effectively.
Roles and Responsibilities
Maintaining an overview of the office and Staff compound activities and ensure timely and efficient administrative support. The Office and Estate Management Officer will:
- Provide effective response to general and specialized work in the office and staff compound
- Assign and monitor work of service providers (cleaners, gardeners, etc) to meet functional requirements.
- Monitor work of outsourced contractors/suppliers.
- Prepare and submit quarterly reports of expendable and non-expendable properties
- Put in place appropriate monitoring/tracking system for all non-expendable properties and other supplies.
- Maintain Proper files and records for expendable and non-expendable properties, and administrative tasks related administration of such properties and supplies.
- Maintain work request for the office and staff compound
- Consult the Estates and Facilities Manager before initiating steps for maintenance of equipment and facilities in the office and the Staff Compound.
- Ensure functionality of all telecommunication equipment in the office and residence at all time and escalate issues to the IT team when necessary.
- Ensure residence and laptop users’ internet MiFi dongles are recharged every month.
- Initiate timely actions for replacement/procurement of both expendable and non-expendable properties, and other supplies for the Office and Staff Compound. Develop replenishment and procurement plans for both expendable and non-expendable properties and other supplies.
- Maintain accurate inventory of both office and residential asset.
Assisting the BHC Estates manager/DFID Office Manager in ensuring compliance with all operational systems and procedures. The Office and Estate Management Officer will:
- Assist in putting in place relevant internal check systems for the Office and Staff Compound
- Provide accurate information and reports to the Office Manager on breach of operational systems and procedures
- Provide timely information on problem areas and ensure Supervisor is aware of potential problem areas for immediate solution
- Ensure that services and maintenance of office and Staff compound are in accordance with organizational standards, rules and regulations and as per contractual arrangements.
Ensuring efficient/effective administration and supervision of the office logistics, meeting & conference room(s), common areas, office and staff compound stores, internal & external cleaning. The Office and Estate Management Officer will:
- Ensure proper screening/collection of all mails from the Security Guards/receptionist.
- Pay special attention to internal and external cleanliness of the office and Staff Compound
- Ensure prompt dispatch of all mails to the appropriate recipients
- Prompt allocation of meeting/conference rooms & supervision of setting up rooms for meeting
- Assist in maintaining orderliness, cleanliness and adequate security at the car parks, common areas, and Office and Staff Compound stores.
- Assist to arrange transport and Logistics, including hotel bookings, flight bookings, vehicle allocations, and preparation of weekly transport schedule, and other transport reports.
Lead on preparation of correspondences, reports, evaluation and justification on general administrative or specialized procurement tasks. The Office and Estate Management Officer will:
- Draft letters, memo, reports and take and disseminate minutes of office weekly meetings.
- Source for quotes, submit summary of quotes to the Office Manager, and participate in evaluation of such quotes and bids.
- Prompt collection of invoices form Service Providers and confirm that services have been provided as requested.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Office administration experience.
- Language: English
- Level of language required: Good written and spoken
- Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Starting Monthly Salary
Work Start Date 1st February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply
Application Deadline 5th January, 2018.