British Ivy Schools, an Independent Educational Facility newly established at Nnewi, Anambra State, offering British and Nigerian curriculum, is looking for a highly motivated and focused individual to fill the esteemed position below:
Job Title: Head Teacher
Job Contract: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
- Will be the most senior teacher and leader of the school reporting directly to the school administrator.
- Responsible for the education of all pupils, management of staff, school policy making etc. Lead, motivate and manage staff by delegating responsibilities, setting expectations/ targets and evaluating staff performance against them.
- Organise and manage the school, maintain proper order and discipline in the school as well as be in charge of and supervise education of pupils.
- Must be an inspirational and caring leader, with a vision to deliver modern and creative learning to pupils and staff. An exceptionally strong academic record.
- An evidenced commitment to high performing education sector. A commitment to holistic education and promotion of the well being of children.
- The ability to motivate, inspire and raise expectations for all stake holders, including staff and pupils. Excellent organisational and behaviour management skills with the ability to multi task.
- Excellent knowledge and the use of the English Language ( both spoken and written).
- B.Ed. with at least 5 years experience in a Head Teacher position, or NCE with at least 10 years experience in a Head Teacher position.
Highly attractive and comparably with similar schools of the same status
Job Title: Front Desk Representative/ Personal Assistant to the Director
Hours: Full Time
Job Contract: Permanent
- We are looking for a pleasant Front Desk Representative/ Executive personal Assistant to the Director to undertake all receptionist and clerical duties at the desk of our main entrance as well as be a responsible Executive Personal Assistant to he Director, to provide personalized secretarial and administrative support in a well-organized and timely manner.
- The candidate will work on a one-to-one basis on a variety of tasks related to the Directors’s working life as well as be the “face” of the school and will also be the first line of communications for all visitors and will be responsible for the first impression the school makes.
- The ideal candidate will have a friendly and easy going personality while also being very perceptive and disciplined, smart , articulate, presentable and should be able to deal with complaints and give accurate information. A customer-oriented approach is essential. The goal is to make guests and visitors feel comfortable and valued while on our premises.
- Keep front desk tidy and presentable with all necessary material (pens, forms, paper etc.)
- Greet and welcome guests
- Answer questions and address complaints
- Answer all incoming calls and redirect them or keep messages
- Receive letters, packages etc. and distribute them
- Prepare outgoing mail by drafting correspondence, securing parcels etc.
- Check, sort and forward emails
- Monitor office supplies and place orders when necessary
- Keep updated records and files
- Take up other duties as assigned (travel arrangements, schedules etc.)
- Forwards information by receiving and distributing communications; collecting and mailing correspondence; copying information.
- Maintains supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating requirements; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; stocking items; delivering supplies to work stations.
- Act as the point of contact between the Director and internal/external clients
- Screen and direct phone calls and distribute correspondence
- Handle requests and queries appropriately
- Manage Director’s diary and schedule meetings and appointments
- Make travel arrangements
- Take dictation and minutes
- Produce reports, presentations and briefs
- Devise and maintain office filing system
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Proven experience as front desk representative, personal assistant or relevant position
- Familiarity with office machines (e.g. printer etc.)
- Knowledge of office management and basic bookkeeping
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Proficient in English (oral and written)
- Good It skills with excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel and Word)
- Strong communication and people skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities as well as the ability to prioritise daily work loads.
- Problem-solving skills
- Customer service orientation
- High School diploma; additional qualifications will be a plus
- Proven work experience as a personal assistant
- Office Experience – General, Scheduling, Telephone Skills, Typing, Documentation Skills, Meeting Planning, Verbal Communication, Written Communication, Dependability, Attention to Detail, Administrative Writing Skills
- Desirable: A degree, diploma or certification in secretarial studies would be considered an advantage.
Job Title: Primary School Teacher
Hours: Full Time
Start Date: September,2018
- Organising, teaching and mentoring a small class size of about 15 to 20 pupils.
- Responsible for the delivery of all subjects with particular emphasis on core subjects of Literacy, Numeracy and Science.
- Lesson planning and preparation; checking pupils work; administering of tests/exams and production of results.
- Organising, attending and supervising school activities such as excursions, school concerts, camps, sporting events etc.
- Developing and fostering appropriate skills and social abilities to the optimum development of children, according to age, ability and aptitude.
- Assessing and preparing pupils for state and national exams/competitions.
- NCE ( National Certificate in Education) and Above obtained through full time studies
- Excellent Organisational and Communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge and use of the English Language ( both written and spoken).
- Results focused, positive and creative approach to teaching with excellent classroom and behaviour management, Good IT skills and the ability to use digital teaching aid technologies.
- NCE qualification in Early Childhood Education plus one year experience of working with children is desirable but not essential.
- However, successful applicants must be result focused and enjoy creating a fun and focused learning environment
Very attractive and comparable with schools of similar status.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV’s and Application Letter to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 10th September, 2018.
For More Information: Call 08060509254