Brookfield Clinics – and its pioneer Centre for Lifestyle Medicine – is a leading provider of integrated healthcare services to Nigerian and international families and organizations. We are a multidisciplinary, all-inclusive medical and wellness organization established to promote optimal health and wellbeing at individual, family and community levels, through appropriate, evidenced-based and well-timed lifestyle interventions. We are now recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Doctor
Contract Period: Long-term
Contract tenure: 6-month
Work Schedule: 8am – 5pm (Morning Shift); 5pm – 8am (Night Shift).
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Be able to apply best medical practices in consultation, diagnosis and management of in- and outpatients, in line with established national and global guidelines.
- Be able to communicate – fluently and efficiently – with patients (and care-givers where appropriate) regarding diagnosis and prescribed treatment/management plan, as well as follow-up to ensure compliance.
- Be able to apply ethical guidelines in disease and patient management, ensuring confidentiality is ALWAYS respected.
- Be able to assist hospital management by coordinating and providing oversight for relevant healthcare personnel/units.
Please note that all relevant certificates MUST be available to be tendered upon request. We DO NOT accept temporary or provisional certificates:
- Medical Degree from duly-recognized institution.
- MDCN Certificate of Full Registration.
- Current Annual Practicing Licence for applicable year (2019).
- Post-NYSC Medical Doctor with at least Two (2) years post-graduation experience in clinical/preventive medicine settings.
- (Provide NYSC Certificate of National Service or Exemption Certificate)
Desirable Interests & Competencies:
The strength of any application will be bolstered by verifiable proficiency or interest in the under-listed. However, applicants lacking one, more or all of these will still be considered if they meet the core requirements necessary to satisfactorily perform the advertised role. (Please note: The under-listed DO NOT in any way serve as substitutes to core requirements):
- An appreciable knowledge or interest in Lifestyle Medicine.
- Experience or interest in research.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, as well as good presentation capacity.
- Computer & IT literacy, especially with Electronic Health Records.
- Experience in using Social Media Toolkits for Health Advocacy
- Valid Professional Indemnity Insurance Certificate covering application year (2019).
To be communicated to short-listed applicants at interview stage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit ONE Application comprising a Cover Letter and a Resume/CV in a single PDF document to: [email protected] with subject heading bearing the post being applied for + SURNAME & INITIALS of applicant (e.g. Medical Doctor/OKORO A.C.),
Alternatively, Interested & qualified applicants can walk into our facility to drop-off at:
Plot 1167, Cadastral Zone B06,
Off Ahmadu Bello Way,
Opposite Mobil Fueling Station,
Mabushi District, Abuja.
Application Deadline 21st July, 2019.
- Note that due to the expected high volume of applications, only short-listed applicants will be notified and scheduled for interview.
- All short-listed applicants MUST attend the interview with original or certified-true copies of relevant Degree & Certificates as listed.
- Any applications received after expiration of this timeline will be discarded.
- This document is for advert purposes ONLY and is viable ONLY within the stated timeline.
- A successfully submitted application DOES NOT in any way or form constitute a job offer.
- The decision of the selection committee is final.
- Please ensure you have read through this advert as applications that do not meet required standards will be automatically disqualified. Thank you.
- Please Note: Indicated contract tenure is ONLY applicable upon successful completion and review of a mandatory 6-month training & probationary period. Successful applicants will also receive FULL renumerations during this period.