Posted on :
26 Jan, 2011
26 Jan, 2011
The Rigger is responsible for assisting in all operations as directed by the Deck Foreman or Rigger Supervisor and for carrying out such operations in accordance with standard vessel procedures and in a safe manner.
Where applicable the Rigger may also be responsible for carrying out welding/fabrication operations, ensuring that such work is carried out safely with appropriate Permit-to-Work (PTW) in place.
The Rigger shall not undertake rigging or welding operations that are not in accordance with safe working practice. If the Rigger is in any doubt about the safety of the operation, it must be brought to the attention of the Rigger Supervisor.
2. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within Acergy.
· Maintain a safe and clean deck.
· To not use any rigging equipment beyond its SWL.
· General rigging, deck work & housekeeping.
· Winch operations.
· Anode & buoyancy module installation.
· Flexible and rigid pipe initiation/deployment.
· Hydra-tightening, flange connections.
· Loading/offloading equipment.
· Tensioner operations & pad change.
· Piggyback saddle installation.
· FLS & Moonpool operations
· Maintenance of rigging equipment and scaffolding as required.
· Use only rigging gear (shackles, slings, straps, etc) which is in good condition and certified as being in-date. Where equipment is found that is not in good condition and in date, the equipment is to be isolated, marked and reported as such.
· Ensure that gear deployed to divers/ROVs is rigged safely, adequately marked (e.g. light sticks) and in a suitable manner.
· Ensure that the deck area is kept clean and free of all unused equipment.
· Perform Rigid Pipelay and Flexible / Umbilical installation activities as required, to include:
o Operation of Pipe-Facing Equipment including bevelling the ends of pipe to required specifications
o HIAB Crane Operations
o Carousel operations/loadouts
o Pipelay transfer system operations
o Pipe handling/loading
· Perform, where applicable, welding/fabrication activities, to include the following:
o Responsibility for welding/burning equipment in use
o Fabrication and repair of project and deck equipment as assigned.
· Operate within Code of Business Conduct
· Responsible for the overall health, safety and welfare of self and colleagues and subordinates where applicable.
· To manage all behaviours in compliance with HSEQ requirements.
· Proactive participation in project safety briefings, HIRAs and tool box talks.
· To use and maintain all controls, standards and procedures for the protection of self, colleagues and the environment.
· Actively report all undesired events and safety observations using the Safety Observation system and Undesired Events Report system.
· Actively report non-conformances using the Non-Conformance Report (NCR) system.
· Actively report and manage any unsafe act, condition or procedure or environmental unsafe acts and conditions to the Captain so that action can be taken to manage or minimise any and all risk.
4. KEY RELATIONSHIPS/ STAKEHOLDERS
· Those necessary to comply with this role profile
· Assistant Deck Foreman
· Rigger Supervisor
· Marine Assets Personnel
Recognised Rigging certificate.
Valid offshore medical suitable for geographical area of work.
Valid offshore survival course suitable for geographical area of work.
Attendance at PASS school induction and other company familiarisation prior to mobilisation. Compliance with the Acergy Competence Assurance Assessment Programme (CAAP).
Position is opened to Locals only (Nigerians)