Posted on :
26 Jan, 2011
Brunel Energy provides specialist personnel to the international oil & gas, petrochemical, power generation and construction industries. Our clients are predominantly major operating companies and international engineering or construction companies. Through a network of 35 offices in 5 continents (Europe, America, Asia, Africa and Australia) we currently second nearly 4,000 Technical Engineering Specialists to the largest multi-national Oil & Gas Companies and major EPC Contractors, through well established global supply agreements. Brunel Energy Nigeria recruits Drilling Superintendent
Our client is the fifth largest publicly-traded integrated international oil and gas company and a world-class chemicals manufacturer. The group operates in more than 130 countries and has 96, 950 employees.
Observations On Activities And Missions
HSE & Security
• Conduct HAZID/HAZOP, JRA and CTA whenever required
• Manage SIMOPS
• Liaise between contractors and rig during planning / operations. Coordinate necessary meetings between company service providers and rig
Organisation (In relationship with Technical Services, GSR, and Assets)
• Liaise with other entities for studies, engineering input and details required for preparation of program, plans and contingencies
• Write procedure, guidelines and reports for equipment supply and use.
• Perform logistic plan including operational time planners; coordinate equipment and operational interface; operational assessment
• Follow-up installation and hook-up of equipment on rig. Ensure all equipment meets group quality standards and is inspected/tested accordingly
• Audit contractor equipment prior to delivery
Within the Drilling & Completions team, provide technical assistance;
· Guarantee the accomplishment of the drilling and/or completion and/or work-over operations, in compliance with codes of practice, safety and environmental protection, all while optimising costs and lead times
· Ensure the suitability to operational requirements of personnel, equipment and services
· Contribute to the return on Exploration & Production investments, through a continual search for the improving equipment, services and operational procedures
· Participate in the training of junior staff
1. Ensure the respect of safety rules, of the environment and of the frame of reference
2. Consolidate HSE rig reporting
1. Review operations programs and supervise their implementation
2. Compose and review operating procedures
3. Personally supervise delicate or risky operations
4. Anticipate potential problems and plan alternative strategies
5. Optimize operations in relation with engineering, geology and reservoir entities
6. Control the activity of contractors and supervisors
7. Optimize rig equipment in relation with contractors
8. Analyze the instantaneous data and ensure the reliability of technical information
9. Ensure or control daily and final reporting of wells or of operations
10. Participate in the production of technical and operational synthesis
11. Conduct or check costs follow-up
12. Participate in the preparation of invitations to tender and service/equipment contracts
13. Optimize the activities of service providers and assess their performance
1. Anticipate rig needs on daily basis. Accordingly organize and coordinate supplying.
2. Coordinate company and contractor manning requirement onboard the rig
1. Evaluate Job Holders and train job holders
2. Contribute to the improvement of skills and the know-how
3. Participate in budget preparation
Qualification: •Petroleum Industry Graduate to BSC level (or equivalent professional experience)
Professional Experience: Minimum 10 years of experience in Drilling and Completion operations.
Master in Required skills: Problem Analysis & Decision Making, Team Work & Leadership.
Ability to analyse difficult technical problems and propose solutions.
Flexibility to cope with operational sequence changes during the development
Coordinate all subcontractors activities (up to 20 Contracts)