Posted on :
10 Feb, 2011
Brunel Energy provides a combination of project management support, project engineering support, construction supervision, vendor inspection and recruitment and selection. The scope of services are provided at various phases of a project ranging from exploration to production, construction to maintenance and decommissioning, upstream and downstream. Brunel Energy Nigeria recruits Construction Superintendent
Roles (Basic Function and Scope)
Manage the Project Department Construction team to ensure all projects and construction activities are executed safely, cost effectively and to schedule, delivering facilities fit-for-purpose meeting defined safety and quality standards with minimum life cycle costs.
2. Responsibilities (Duties Performed)
– Review and endorsement of construction safety, quality and construction plans.
– Review and endorsement of organization plans for the construction phase of the projects. Work with Construction Manager to ensure projects are appropriately staff for the construction phase.
– Review updates to the Construction Management System.
– Regularly report to Project Engineering Design and Implementation Manager and Construction Manager on all project status.
– Monitor the performance of contractors during construction phase and meet with contractor management for discussion on project issues and status
– Implement and plan the construction phase execution strategies, resource planning, contractors monitoring and oversight programs.
– Work with Construction Engineer to ensure all work activities are carried out to construction work scope.
– Implement project safety, quality, schedule and cost objectives during the construction, commissioning and startup phase.
– Daily interface with construction contractors to ensure alignment with Contract obligation, technical specification and terms and conditions.
– Ensure knowledge in MPN Safety, Work Management Procedures and SIMOPS Manuals and appropriated integrated in projects.
– Ensure that MPN contractor oversight plans (QA/QC, safety, etc.) are in place prior to start of construction.
– Ensure required QA/QC systems are in place and that adequate staff are assigned to projects.
– Ensure construction lessons learned are documented and reported.
– Ensure commission, startup and handover to Operations and Maintenance plans and procedures are implemented.
– Ensure effective project closeout.
– Ensure contractor sub-contractors are screened and approved.
– Support and communicate MPN corporate policies, practices and goals.
– Develop and steward group mission and visions, objectives and priorities, job descriptions and individual personal objectives.
– Provide leadership, supervision, construction technical guidance and mentoring to personnel.
– Ensure monthly safety meetings are conducted.
– Provide regular and constructive feedback to individuals. Steward personnel development, technical and safety training for group.
– Recognize individual and team contributions and celebrate accomplishments.
– Assist with construction planning and execution capabilities at QIT consistent with Department procedures, systems and EMM.
– Develop and steward construction activities.
– Maintain construction/installation budgets within cost estimates and with effective Controls.
– Maintain and disseminate knowledge of business processes.
– Align with functional counterparts, MPN Operations and Maintenance on project goals objectives.
3. Work Contacts
– Frequent contacts with Project and Construction Engineers and other members of the QIT Project team.
– Regular contact with the QIT Facilities SHE, Loss Prevention and Operations groups to provide input to the project management strategy.
– Frequent contacts with consultants/contractors to procure and monitor services.
– Occasional contacts and discussions with DPR.
4. Supervisory Responsibility
Work with all the Project Management Team and “Red Hat” contract staff.
– Extensive knowledge of and experience in project management, budgeting, cost estimating, project planning, and cost forecasting requirements of ExxonMobil
– Significant experience as an ExxonMobil project construction professional
– Knowledge of UPMS, EMM, OIMS and CIMS applications
– Detailed knowledge of upstream production facility operations.
– 10+ years in project construction and execution, including management of safety, quality and work execution planning for construction.
Offer opened to Locals only.