Posted on :
10 Feb, 2011
Brunel Energy provides a combination of project management support, project engineering support, construction supervision, vendor inspection and recruitment and selection. The scope of services are provided at various phases of a project ranging from exploration to production, construction to maintenance and decommissioning, upstream and downstream. Brunel Energy Nigeria recruits Marine Advisor – Offshore
Primary responsibilities are to support the major program works as planned by the Offshore Construction & Installation Project (OCIP) Secondary (at this time) are to support issues brought up by other Project Management Teams (PMTs) that are not yet into the execution phases of their projects. This would include the Pipe-lines Projects, Satellite Field Development Projects and the EPC4a & 4b Projects, etc.
To liaise with the MPN Marine for all required approvals and input for the above execution groups to carry out their works without delay.
To manage the Marine personnel in the Execution group by defining short and long term work plans, advising them in the execution of their work on a daily basis and, arranging for the logistical demands of these personnel, etc.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To make rig moves of all jack up barges / anchor moored barges
To carry out vessel Pre-hire inspections of all prospective contracted vessels.
Liaise with the Project SHE on Safety and Marine Issues. Will provide, if/ when required, technical information to the investigation team in case of a marine incident or, in exceptional cases, in consultation with the Offshore Execution Manager and with the Project Group and SHE Manager, will instigate an investigation.
· Liaise with the Construction Execution Leads for planning and to determine their Marine requirement on a daily basis
· To interface with other parties on Marine specification and to advise and provide Input in review of bid packages to ensure the specific requirement for the MPN Field and more specific for Nigeria. To advise on associated Marine related Contractual matters, Charter parties, Maritime Law, IMO Regulations and applicable Law.
Enforces MPN practices, approved work procedures/plans and adherence to Specific Marine requirements in particular to the MPN Field Operation Manual and the MPN Marine Vessel Operations Manual.
To advise on vessel and barge moorings in relation to heavy lifts and issue approval of associated anchor plans.
To liaise with the Contractors to give them guidance on MPN expectations and to advise on Safe Working Practices.
To develop a QA/QC Positioning Survey system and implement a Safe standard in association with the Contractors and/or vessel owners.
· To advise the OCIP Project personnel, inclusive of Engineers, Construction Supervisors, Safety Officers, and others who are assigned to OCIP projects in matters related to Marine, Heavy lifts, safe working practices, risk assessments and other Marine associated topics.
· Provides leadership, supervision and mentoring to the field based MPN Construction Team and the Contractor(s) to ensure that all Marine activities are executed safely, cost effectively and to schedule, delivering safety and quality standards and promote established project objectives.
· To stand in for the Marine Lead when absent/on leave
· Degree – BS/MS in Nautical Science/Marine Transportation
· License – Licensed Master of Towing, Anchor Handling and Supply Vessels of Any Gross Tons (License does not have to be active)
· High level of marine vessel knowledge, skill and experience
· 15-20 years experience to include Master of Towing, AHT and PSV Vessels, Shore Side Marine Operations in Management of Vessels, Knowledge of all IMO and Class Requirements
Opened to Locals and Expats