Posted on :
10 Feb, 2011
Brunel Energy provides a combination of project management support, project engineering support, construction supervision, vendor inspection and recruitment and selection. The scope of services are provided at various phases of a project ranging from exploration to production, construction to maintenance and decommissioning, upstream and downstream. Brunel Energy Nigeria recruits Project Engineer
Key performance indicators – Schedule -% of projects completed per gate 3 schedule – Cost – % of projects completed within 10% of full Funding Cost – Safety in number of contractor & employee TRI’s; near miss reporting. – Quality in number of Non Conformance Reports (NCR’s) Financial Dimensions: No direct financial authority, but to steward all financial aspects of the projects Work Contacts Internal: – Project Engineering Advisors – Project Design Engineers – Project Services personnel – Facilities Engineers – Procurement – Projects Construction – Operations and Maintenance External: – Engineering Consultants & Contractors – NNPC
Roles (Basic Function and Scope)
To manage the development of projects from receipt of initial scoping definition through to handover to Operations and final project closeout. Includes the execution of all activities associated throughout all the project phases consistent with the project’s objectives in regards to safety, controls, quality, cost and schedule.
2. Responsibilities (Duties Performed)
– Coordinate EMCAPS compliance, ensuring all gate deliverables are in place and that gate reviews are conducted and documented (Gate 2 forward).
– Prepare Project Plan (PP).
– Ensure appropriate and timely reporting of project progress. Conduct reviews as appropriate with JV partner (NNPC)
– Prepare contract service requests in association with Project Services and Project Design Groups. Supervise contract administration during the project. Review and approve Contractor timesheets.
– Coordinate the preparation of project cost estimates and Authority for Expenditure (AFE) documentation in association with Project Services Group. Obtain necessary MPN approvals consistent with the DOAG.
– Ensure that permits, regulatory/statuary obligations and notifications are in place to progress the project.
– If MPN procured material is required prepare Requisitions in conjunction with MPN Procurement. Provide technical support during vendor fabrication.
– In conjunction with Design Engineers co-ordinate the preparation of the project design basis and other project deliverables.
– In conjunction with Design Engineers, monitor and objectively verify the Contractor’s efforts in detailed engineering/design, drafting, procurement, and project controls to ensure compliance with project requirements. If deficiencies from project requirements are identified, work with contractor and MPN management to determine corrective actions or necessary recovery plans. Ensure agreed corrective actions are taken and monitor progress to closeout.
– In conjunction with Design Engineers co-ordinate all project safety and risk management activities consistent with MPN safety and risk management systems including :
– Timely commissioning of HAZOP and other risk assessment activities.
– Facilitating the execution of project risk assessments with appropriate operations / maintenance involvement.
– Stewarding the closeout of risk assessment findings, including Risk Assessment and Management System approvals, necessary closeout documentation and records and appropriate turnover of continuing risk items to Base Business.
– In conjunction with Design Engineers co-ordinate the Contractor’s efforts to comply with all appropriate design standards and ensure that MPN Management exception authority is obtained for any deviations required
– Ensure appropriate communication of the design package to Construction personnel as the project progresses into the construction phase. Coordinate Construction input into constructability reviews
– Coordinate MPN Operations and Maintenance involvement with the project including human factor / operability / maintainability reviews, HAZOP’s, risk assessments, procedure development, training preparation and delivery, and start-up planning.
– Coordinate Projects Construction and Operations input into the Contractor’s development of commissioning plans.
– Coordinate development of Operating & Maintenance procedures and appropriate training of Operations and Maintenance personnel
– Review and endorse Contractor’s change orders during the project to assess their effect on project cost, schedule and risk, and assess whether an MPN change request is required (significant scope change).
– Assist and/or participate in quality assurance verification activities and audits in the design office and the field. Provide required technical input to field non-conformance reports (NCR’s) and butt list items during construction and commissioning phases.
– Coordinate necessary independent project reviews (design/technical, cost reduction, risk management, etc)
– Ensure as-built drawings, project data books, spare parts listings, etc. are turned over to Operations and Maintenance in a timely manner.
– Complete project closeout activities, including contract and AFE closeout.
University degree in Engineering (Qualified Professional Engineer)
– 5+ years experience in oil and gas operations / projects.
– Ability to plan tasks in detail – cost estimating and budgeting.
– Understanding of OIMS requirements
Understanding of MPN production facilities
Opened to Locals