Posted on :
10 Feb, 2011
10 Feb, 2011
Brunel Energy provides specialist knowledge to the international oil & gas, petrochemical, power generation and construction industries. Our clients are predominantly major operating companies and international engineering or construction companies. Brunel Energy Nigeria recruits Drilling Engineer
1. Liaise with D&C team to prepare the D&C contracts. Responsible for ITT contract agreement preparation.
2. Reviewing and evaluating all third party contractual documentation and identifying and mitigating risks
3. Participate to the definition of the contractual strategy, taking into account local context.
4. Participate to negotiation, record minutes of clarification meetings, reply to the Contractors requests for clarifications
5. Prepare the contracts using standard forms and electronic platform.
6. Contractual/commercial support during the Contract execution, managing the administration and organisation of all contractual documentation
7. Participate to the settlement of dispute together with legal, insurance and finance specialists
8. Participate to suppliers and contractors evaluation and follow up
9. HSEQ responsibilities:
Support and enforce the HSEQ Project objectives and directives
Support and implement the Project HSEQ management system (plans, procedures and specifications)
Qualification: Tertiary qualifications in quantity surveying, contract law or similar
Professional Experience: Ideal candidate will have a minimum 10 years’ relevant experience. Good technical knowledge of drilling / completion operations as well as excellent knowledge of drilling contracts management. Supervise subordinates and service companies. Overseas and offshore experience a plus.
The ideal candidate should also have Contracts Variation and Claims Management/Defense experience, have the ability to offer flexible approach in handling complex commercial matters is required. Be able to monitor planning and cost activities, including cost reporting.
Candidate must be able to work in a demanding environment, where the ability to prioritise activities and satisfy a variety of commercial demands within internationally varied cultures is paramount. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential
Opened to Locals