BSS Vocational & Skill Acquisition Center accredited by Federal Ministry of Works & Labour as Trade Test Center, urgently requires an experienced full time candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tailor/Fashion Design Instructor
- Teach Students how to design any kind of clothing, from casual to more formal attire;
- Teach Students how to measure, cut, pin, and sew fabric pieces together to make them become parts of a whole;
- Teach Students in Defining technical specifications for the garments and being knowledgeable about fabrics, patterns, shapes, and colours;
- Let Students know more about pattern-making and fittings, creating patterns as needed; and tweaking and improving the designs.
- Teach Students how to Work with different fabrics.
- Experience and success in developing new approaches to learning and teaching methods.
- Must have a proven track record of contributing to the overall success of own and wider academic departments.
- Excellent communication skills with experience of developing networks and contributing to the development of better working practices.
- Must have at least 2 – 5 Years of post-qualification experience in teaching, research and academic administration
- Must have worked in the fashion design department in a reputable Technical School
- Must have an in depth understanding of the subject tailoring & fashion design including recent developments in fashion design.
- Must be honest, God fearing and diligent at work
- Experience of teaching effectively and providing a stimulating environment for learning and teaching to motivate, inspire and challenge Students.
- Ability to design, deliver, assess and revise teaching programmes.
- Candidate must possess OND / BSc in Fashion
- Candidates must possess a Technical College Education with Trade Test certificate from National Business &Technical Examination Board (NABTEB).
- 2 – 5 Years in similar job with a credible portfolio.
- Dynamic and enthusiastic, with an interest to nurture students and to help them achieve their potential in tailoring & fashion design skills and also creative design
- Have the ability to adapt to a multicultural setting and to handle students of different nationalities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; and the ability to build relations and to work collaboratively.
- Determining the kind of materials and equipment needed to do a job.
- Must possess strong skills in draping, basic/creative pattern drafting and design construction particularly in relation to elements of pattern making
- Have a very sound knowledge in design principles, fabric/material properties and textiles manipulation
- Up to date with current and emerging tailoring & fashion design practice, and willingness to learn the latest innovative teaching method
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications to:
Human Resource Manager,
BSS Vocational & Skill Acquisition Center,
60, Cole Street, Off Anjorin Street,
E-mail: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 8th August, 2019
- Only qualified and knowledgeable candidates on this field should apply.
- The candidate must reside in Lagos.