MTN is seeking for a qualified Budget Accountant, who will be reporting to the Financial Operations Manager, under the department of sales and distribution to be based in their office in Lagos
The candidate will possess a good first degree in a numerate discipline and a professional accounting qualification.
Also, he/she must have 4 years of accounting, budgeting or finance related experience and Experience in Financial Reporting Function.
- Participate in annual budget preparation and budget re-forecasting /reviews for the S&D Department
- Review budget and expenditure reports for Sales & Distribution and prepare budget variance report
- Follow-up with the Financial Manager to ensure performance appraisal is performed on a timely basis
- Ensure accurate record of all opex /capex transactions are maintained. on the ERP system
- Ensure timely headcount budget, recon and periodic reallocation in line with business need
- Investigate opex issues and supervise corrective actions
- Prepare 24-month Dynamic Forecast for the S&D Department
- Oversee S&D Purchase Orders and manage closure of POs no longer required
- Prepare agreed activity and performance reports on a timely basis, for the attention of the Financial Manager and other relevant parties
- Liaise with other relevant units to achieve objectives
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Financial Manager.
- Respond to queries from departments regarding budget related problems and promptly proffer solutions to emerging problems.
Deadline is 10th September 2009
Apply directly through MTN website