Posted on :
6 Nov, 2009
6 Nov, 2009
DFID Nigeria (DFIDN) also known as department for international development in full is responsible for managing the British Government’s contribution to development in Nigeria, with the Objectives of supporting governments at federal and state level to reduce poverty in order to achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
contact [email protected] for application form and job description; and [email protected] for submission of application.
The post holder will manage the overall performance of maintenance service providers, and ensure quality service to customers at all times with regular feedback on services provided
The key responsibilities of this post are:
• Assess new houses for their soundness of civil, structural, electrical, health and safety and security conditions and provide reports to the
• Facilities Manager before DFID engages in a lease agreement.
• Act as the principle point of liaison for UK based staff on housing maintenance issues
• Produce and provide work specifications to contractors.
• Managing contractors work to a high standard
• Check and approve all work done by contractors against TORs and sign off. Process payments.
• Ensure that any maintenance is completed on residences prior to the arrival of new staff
You will have the following technical competencies:
• A degree or diploma in business administration or equivalent.
• A qualification in electrical engineering, plumbing work, general civil works.
• At least 5 years relevant work experience with minimum of 2 years at management/supervisory level.
• Excellent written and oral English: proficient in using MS Office applications including excel spreadsheets.
• Excellent team work, supervisory skills and internal and external communication
You will demonstrate the following behavioral competencies:
• The ability to demonstrate a range of relevant experience and technical skills including:
Previous work in facilities management or with a maintenance organisation/or contractor, procurement and achieving value for money, compliance with health and safety requirements, and health and safety at work training.
• DFID offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
• A starting salary of N 4,251,183.51 p.a. (Including allowances) gross per annum.
Method of Application:
1. If you are interested in applying for this position please e-mail to obtain the application form and relevant job description; send an email to the respective corresponding email addresses
2. Please state clearly the post you are applying for.
3. Completed application forms should be emailed or sent by hard copy to:
No. 29 Kampala St,
Off Cairo St, Off Adetokunbo Ademola,
Wuse II Abuja.
4. All enquiries should be directed to:
Kimberly Ryan 09-8703188 or
No. 29 Kampala St,
Off Cairo St, Off Adetokunbo Ademola
Wuse II Abuja
DFID is an Equal Opportunities employer. Applications are welcomed from all parts of the community, and the organization actively encourages interest from women, ethnic minority groups and those with disabilities. Selection is on merit. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Under no circumstances will applications be accepted after deadline.
Closing Date: 10th November, 2009.