The Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) – The training programme of the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) for conversion of officers into the Procurement Cadre is designed to build institutional capacity as required in Part II, Section 5(k) and (s) of the Public Procurement Act, 2007.
In furtherance of this, the Bureau hereby announces the commencement of the second batch of the 2019 exercise as highlighted below:
Title: Training for Conversion into the Procurement Cadre in Parastatals, Institutions, Commissions and Agencies of the Federal Government of Nigeria
Accounting Officers are therefore requested to nominate qualified officers to participate in the training scheduled to take place at Digital Bridge Institute (DBI) 1, Nitel Road, Cappa Bus Stop, Agege Motor Road, Oshodi, Lagos State.
- For a candidate to be eligible for conversion to the Procurement cadre, he/she shall possess at least a Bachelor’s degree, HND or equivalent, in any of the following disciplines: Economics, Business Administration, Accountancy, Law, Insurance, Banking and Finance, Marketing, Quantity Survey, Engineering, Architecture, Computer Science, Statistics, Purchasing and Supply or other related disciplines as approved by the National Council on Establishment.
- Only Candidates with nomination letters duly endorsed by their Accounting Officers will be admitted to the training.
Interested and qualified candidates should include their Curriculum Vitae (of the nominated officer), which must clearly state the following details in the following order:
- Names, email address and phone number of the officer
- Current cadre and grade level (Nominees should not be above GL 15 or equivalent)
- Date of first appointment, confirmation and last promotion (relevant document attached)
- Academic and professional qualifications (attach copies of certificates)
- Nominees must have attended at least one course in any of the Public Procurement Research Centre (PPRCs) located either at ABU, Zaria or FUT, Owerri (Attach a copy of certificate of attendance) – Returness are not affected by this
The Requests from Federal Government Parastatals, Agencies, Institutions and Commissions or other Procuring Entities that derive at least thirty-five(35) percent of its funds for procurement from the Federation Share of Consolidated Revenue Fund must reach the Bureau not later than the closing date stated above and should be addressed to:
Bureau of Public Procurement,
11 Suleiman Barau Crescent,
Off Ibrahim Taiwo Street,
State House, Asokoro-Abuja.
- There is no conversion training to the procurement cadre for core Civil Servants employed directly by the Federal Civil Service Commission (FCSC).
- The endorsement of any nominee (new and returnee) by Accounting Officers implies that successful nominees shall be converted into the Procurement Cadre in their respective establishments.
- Only shortlisted nominee(s) shall be admitted to the training;
- Nominees who have attempted three (3) times must not to apply;
- Nominees who have less than three (3) years left in service from the date of the advertisement must not to apply;
- Only shortlisted nominated officers for the training would be published;
- Nominee(s) must be computer literate;
- Nomination(s) should reflect gender inclusiveness.
- Only the shortlisted candidates and the dates scheduled for the conversion training to commence shall be published on the Bureau’s website, Federal Tenders Journal and two national daily newspapers on Monday, October 7, 2019
For further enquiries: Please call – , 08055171713, 08036888773, 08035958600 or send an e-mail to: [email protected] or visit: www.bpp.gov.ng
Application Deadline: 4.00 pm; 20th September, 2019