The Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the post of:
Job Title: Bursar
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the University responsible to the Vice-Chancellor and Council for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- In that capacity, the Bursar shall be competent to advise on the financial policies, disbursement of funds, and the preparation and presentation of annual budget, planning, control and periodic evaluation of University account and treasury services, including investment of funds, etc.
- The Bursar is also expected to carry out other duties as may be assigned from time to time by regulatory institutions.
Acandidate is required to have:
- At least second class Degree (Lower Division) in Accounting and professional qualification (such as ACCA, ACA, ICAN, ANAN);
- Applicant should not have been indicted for any financial misdeed and should not be older than 60 years by August, 2016. He/she must also be of good health and have a good understanding of the vision and mission of the University.
- Possession of relevant higher degrees or postgraduate professional qualification in the appropriate field is an added advantage.
- At least 15 years post qualification cognate working experience in a University; and
- Proficiency in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) with relevant financial and accounting packages.
Conditions of Service for Bursar
- The conditions of service and salaries are as obtainable in Federal Universities in Nigeria and as may be determined by the University Governing Council.
- The appointment isfora period of five years as stipulated in the University Laws and Regulations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send 30 sets of typed applications, Curriculum Vitae (CV) and photo-copies of all credentials. The CV shall give the following details, among others – Name, Age, Nationality, Marital Status, Educational Institutions attended with dates, academic, professional, and other qualifications obtained with dates, Names of 3 referees, Working experience (i.e. posts held, duration and salary earned) and publication, (if any), to:
Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University,
Note: Applicants should ask their referees to send confidential reports on them, at least two (2) of them should be competent to attest to the candidates’ professional/academic standing and character. The confidential reports should be sent directly to the address above
Application Deadline 20th July, 2016.