The Busara Center for Behavioral Economics is a nonprofit organization that uses social and behavioural science to solve problems in development and poverty alleviation. From our headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, we collaborate with organizations from around the world to implement world-class research and data-driven advisory and consulting.
Busara Center for Behavioral Economics is a research and advisory organization that pursues two twin missions of advancing behavioural science and alleviating poverty.We work with researchers, practitioners, and policy-makers to conduct rigorous field and laboratory-based experimental studies in behavioural economics in developing countries and apply research outcomes to real-world problems. We are headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya with active project operations in Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia and Nigeria.Growth is in our DNA hence we are currently taking applications for qualified individuals to join the small-but-growing Busara Nigeria team.
Job Position: Analyst
- Analysts support both the consultancy and research arms of Busara in making informed decisions and setting priorities on projects. An analyst is expected to apply informed and accurate knowledge of contexts, market, in order to adapt and adjust project parameters.
- Analysts at Busara are engaged in a variety of research activities in both qualitative and quantitative capacities are required to have a high level of self-motivation, and energy, an optimistic, “can-do” attitude, and very strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Additionally, analysts should have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Analysts report to associates for most of their responsibilities
Does this sound interesting? If so, are you looking to:
- Engage in multiple large-scale research and consulting project at a given time.
- Support the design of effective survey instruments and coordinates select activities associated with the survey study including formatting, scanning, analyzing, summarizing and presenting results.
- Manage external and internal engagements independently and with limited supervision.
- Interpret, evaluate and clarify research requests to determine potential data sources and informational resources; identify and discuss research needs.
- Provide customized research reports, highlighting main findings and key points, and effectively communicate the results to the user both orally and in writing.
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve inquiries on external and internal research data and act as a resource for internal faculty, senior administration, staff and external parties.
- Recommends data sources and database design as well as makes recommendations on all phases of research projects.
- General logistics planning; including but not limited to pre and post planning of field activities to ensure the smooth running of the projects.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by your supervisor
In addition to project responsibilities, Analysts also have the following organizational responsibilities to ensure a healthy and functioning organization:
- Work with the Analyst team to conduct goal-setting exercises, objectives and key results, and team building events.
- Be detail oriented while sustaining a global focus and vision for institutional planning and decision-making.
- Contribute to skills-building workshops for Analyst teams.
- Communicate across other organizational teams to ensure a healthy and functioning organization.
- Assist with internal initiatives where necessary.
- Serve on internal committees when necessary.
So you’re interested in the organization and what the role entails. But do you have what we’re looking for?
- A Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Public Policy, or related fields.
- Strong qualitative, quantitative, research, and data analytic skills.
- Experience managing research and consulting projects in Nigeria.
- The ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations.
- Excellent management and organizational skills.
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently and a team player.
- Interest and experience working in a fast-paced working environment.
- Fluency and excellent communication and writing skills with a mastery of the English language.
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials.
- Familiarity with STATA.
- A quickly growing, dynamic work environment
- Full health benefits
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to Apply