Business Connexion Group is Africa’s leading black-owned ICT services provider, with over 30 years of operational experience. We are black empowered and rated as a Level 2 B-bBEE contributor. We run mission-critical ICT systems and manage products, services and solutions for JSE listed and key public sector organisations, parastatals and small medium-sized enterprises across the world.
With just Over 6800 employees across Africa, the United Kingdom and Dubai, we combine insight, experience, global vendor partnerships, and extensive technological resources with the commitment to deliver.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Customer Engineer
Ref No.: 70000376 – INT.9
Location: Lagos, NG
Position Category/Job Type: Fixed Term Contract
Job Category: Engineering
- To provide more routine hardware service, or ‘remote’ diagnostic activities under supervision.
- Maintain the relevant client’s Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Ensure to follow correct call logging and escalation procedures
- Be aware of changes in client’s strategic objectives and ICT requirements
- Analyse client needs and advise on certain solutions in conjunction with the relevant BCX competencies
- To adhere to relevant on-site customer requirements
- Strive for client satisfaction and compliments
- Key Relationships / Stakeholder relationships
- Service Delivery Manager, BCX Competency Centres, BCX Delivery Team, Client Employee/Users, Team Leader, Supervisor
- Ensure to keep current with the relevant technology requirements, including training
- Ensure to use appropriate operating systems, hardware, tools and/or paper documentation to maintain the configuration management system, including the configuration management database (CMDB)
- Completed NDiploma in Information Technology
- Minimum Certifications/Accreditations
- Certification: A+, N+, MCSE, MCITP
- Technical: Competent contributor that can work without supervision in the Technical Support area, with a minimum experience of between 2 and 4 years.
- Operational: Experience within one main sector (AMS). Managed small projects. Has exposure to cross-cultural experiences.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Represented multiple or larger groups of internal and external stakeholders on individual contributor level.
- Requires detailed knowledge of theories and practices related to the technical field and limited knowledge of other functions.
- Leadership: Not required for this role.
Essential behavioural success factors:
- Examining Information
- Articulating Information
- Showing Composure
- Team Working
- Meeting Timescales
- Documenting Facts
- Interpreting Data
- Interacting with People
Important behavioural success factors:
- Adopting Practical Approaches
- Making Decisions
- Conveying Self-Confidence
- Resolving Conflict
- Providing Insights
- Establishing Rapport
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply via the button below