Busy Minds Consult is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Coldroom / AC Technician
Employment Type: Full-time
- Handling installation of refrigeration system and components, refrigerant charging and storage in the cold storage room by maintaining storage parameter.
- Maintaining refrigeration equipment’s and components
- Designing and construction of cold storage facility
- Maintaining storage parameters such as temperature and relative humidity in food processing units.
- Conducting performance tests with specialized tools and adjust system settings to keep temperature comfortable in the home or office
- Inspecting and installing HVAC equipment including refrigeration and air conditioning compressors, receivers, condensers, chillers, water cooling towers, forced air converter units, pumps, automatic and hand valves, expansion valves and capillary tubes.
- Conduct regular preventive maintenance inspections of refrigeration units, isolated heating and ventilating units, including boilers, gas and electrically operated air-conditioning equipment,
- Making necessary adjustments or repairs; service and repair evaporative coolers.
- Repairing or replace defective parts in units and equipment and their controls, including thermostats, automatic switches, fan controls, log switches, damper motors, louvers, relays, filters, controls, belts, compressors, heat exchangers, high limit controls, pressure controls, safety valves, and automatic gas valves.
- Operating a variety of hand and power tools, welder torch, vacuum pump, test equipment utilized in the trade and a motor vehicle;
- Maintain equipment in effective and safe working condition; maintain parts and tool inventory.
- Repairing and rebuilding semi-hermetic reciprocating compressors and compressors for centrifugal refrigeration machines.
- Performing skilled electrical maintenance work in the repair, installation and alteration of HVAC equipment, components, timers, motors and wiring systems as needed; connect motors to control panels.
- Minimum of OND or City and Guild (C&G) in relevant field
- Minimum of Trade Test 1,2,3
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience
- Knowledge of refrigeration principles, techniques and practices
- Skilled in carrying out the methods to check the effectiveness of storage system
- Skilled in the methods to control temperature and humidity in cold storage facility
- Basic knowledge of recording and maintaining the food stored in cold storage facility
- Experience in Electrical Installation and Repair will be an added advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 8th October, 2020.