Mondelēz International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MDLZ) is a whole new company reimagined with a single focus in mind: create delicious moments of joy by sharing the world’s favorite brands.
We make some of the best-known snacks brands around the globe. Our 15 global Power Brands in biscuits (Oreo; Chips Ahoy!; TUC; belVita; Club Social and Barni), chocolate (Milka, Lacta, Toblerone, and Cadbury Dairy Milk) and gum & candy (Trident, Chiclets, Halls, Stride and Cadbury Dairy Milk Eclairs) are expected to drive 60 percent of our company’s growth going forward.
Job Title: Category Manager, Beverages West Africa
To develop and implement a portfolio strategy in line with the category vision to drive sustainable category growth and deliver business objectives through collaborating with cross functional teams and global and regional category teams.This position owns and manages the categories P&Ls with a NR in excess of $75MM; along with future business development plan & objectives including NPD and platform opportunities.
This role will also lead the development of world class brand campaigns that will drive category growth and provide leadership to the marketing team in the execution of marketing programs driven by consumer and shopper insights.
- Ability to shape strategic thought and guide the team in the superior execution, consistently living our Values and setting an example that demonstrates our Leadership Imperatives
- Proven ability to own and manage the business objectives and budget, pro-actively identifying opportunities/issues.
- Strong analytical and creative skills with a focus on consumer and customer
- Ability to manage and influence cross functional teams as well as have a strong track record in managing marketing teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills to communicate with the cross-functional teams and high- level management
Reporting to the Director Marketing, GCB MEA is accountable for
- Strategic Planning
- Determine the category’s strategies and priorities based on understanding growth opportunities for key brands in the portfolio to deliver the growth ambition by collaborating effectively with global and regional category teams and cross-functional teams.
- Develop annual plans including setting objectives, developing portfolio strategy, and allocating resources. Provide specific recommendations and sell-in plans to high-level Management and cross-functional teams.
- Execution of Strategy
- Lead the development and execution of category marketing plans to deliver revenue, profit and share objectives for the categories. Monitor the plans against the strategic targets for delivering the growth targets.
- Define brand strategy that ensures delivery against the strategic ambition.
- Lead the development of integrated marketing communication, 360 degree campaigns in line with the categories’ strategy and vision.
- Lead the development of insight led and strategically relevant communication campaigns and media strategies that will drive brand health and categories growth locally.
- Accountable to deliver categories revenue and profit growth in line with the business objectives through effective P&L management.
- Responsible for consumer relevant new product and packaging development based on key consumer insights.
- Take ownership of the effectiveness of the cross-functional category team to enhance synergies across the business and aligned execution of strategic and operational plans.
- Create a winning brand team. Manage talent through effective recruitment, development, coaching and advancement planning.
- Develop clear objectives for direct reports consistent with the company values and business objectives. Train and develop direct reports using Leadership Imperatives as a guide and make training an everyday priority.
- At least a Bachelors’ degree with Business or Marketing specializationMBA preferredFMCG / MNC experience and training
- Current and relevant knowledge of consumer products markets including advertising, research and distribution
- At least 12 years of consumer marketing experience with a FMCG / MNC with at least 3-5 years in a marketing leadership role.
- Exposure to developing markets would be an advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to Apply