Mondelez International LLC is a whole new company that has been re-imagined with a single focus in mind: create delicious moments of joy by sharing the world’s favorite brands. Launched on Oct. 1, 2012, and employing around 100,000 people around the world, MondelÄ’z International comprises the global snacking and food brands of the former Kraft Foods Inc.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Affairs Manager
Job Number: 1710989
Job: Corporate & Govt Affairs Management
- In Cadbury Nigeria, we work together to create brands people love.
- The Corporate Affairs Manager contributes to this by orchestrating and communicating the external persona and reputation of Cadbury Nigeria to all key stakeholder groups including, but not limited to, colleagues, government, community, NGOs, visitors, investors, media, regulators, trade, general public, etc.
- The Corporate Affairs Manager will help in growing our business performance by developing and/or implementing initiatives to enhance the company’s reputation and nurture trust with colleagues and stakeholder communities.
- Spokesperson – Serve as public spokesperson, supervise media interviews and sign off press releases for Cadbury Nigeria Plc in all relevant issues both inside and outside Nigeria ensuring that the company’s position is clear to all and media mileage is optimized for the critical CN/-associated matters, events and collaborations at all times.
- Corporate & Social Responsibility – Co-ordinate the implementation of the Cadbury Nigeria CSR agenda in a way that fits the local legislative and cultural environment that the company operates in and supports the attainment of the Cadbury Schweppes declarations on growing community value, sustainability and quality in line with the company’s values, principles and objectives.
- Public Affairs – Monitor, evaluate and recommend position statements and execute strategies that ensure & guide relationships with key stakeholder groups e.g. trade associations, regulators, government, politicians, policy makers, NGOs, etc to ensure benefits to Cadbury Nigeria’s and affirm its standing as a good corporate citizen in Nigeria.
- External Relations & Consumer Relations – Manage the consumer and public feedback mechanism of Cadbury Nigeria to ensure that incidences, product experiences or negative occurrences do not translate to unmanageable crises to the image and reputation of the company or its products.
- Consular Services – Co-ordinate the entire consular and immigrations process to ensure easy procurement of visas, expatriate quotas, work permits and stress-free passage to and from Nigeria for colleagues across the business and their dependants (where relevant)
- Group Role & Reporting – Serve as a key resourceful member of the extended communications network of Cadbury Schweppes by regularly contributing to the process of aligning the function across the globe and providing timely information on relevant occurrences in Cadbury Nigeria.
- Communications & Media Relations – Develop, set direction and lead the Cadbury Nigeria communications process and media relations strategy to create 24/7, 365-days-a-year media and crisis response strategy to handle issues arising from Cadbury Nigeria’s operations. Track and manage the references to Cadbury Nigeria (and her product brands) in all media channels to ensure consistency and veracity in all communications and image positioning campaigns for the company.
- Research & Knowledge Documentation – Create and establish effective platforms for environment scanning and knowledge dissemination on recent and business-critical developments or group pronouncements. Regularly provide advice at management level on issues that could impact upon Cadbury Nigeria’s reputation and performance, both in Nigeria and internationally.
- Corporate Events – Lead the execution teams or partner with other relevant teams to ensure successful organisation of diverse company events e.g. Annual General Meetings, Staff Appreciation events, Special Guest-specific events, etc.
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will have:
- Minimum of 8 years post-degree experience with wide spectrum of excellent communication skills (written and oral, formal and informal, verbal and non-verbal)
- Good project management, planning and high attention to detail
- Commercial awareness and business-orientation with a solid network in the communications / public relations, media, NGO, consular and Government circles.
- An interest in the broader CSR arena, consumerism as well as brand building.
- Passion for face-to-face communication, high listening skills and a demonstrable track record for connecting with people.
- Display sound leadership capabilities in line with the Cadbury Leadership Imperative
- Strong team ethic and proven team leadership, coaching and influencing skills
- Good sense of judgment, result-oriented, self-motivated with evident analytical and strategic thinking ability.
- Able to collaborate with people in a multinational environment across diverse functions, levels and countries.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply