CANADEM – Established in 1996 with Canadian Government start-up funding, CANADEM is an international not-for-profit NGO dedicated to advancing international peace and security through the rostering, rapid mobilization, and mission management of experts committed to International Service with the UN, other IGOs, NGOs, and governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Human Resources Specialist
Locations: Abuja and Maiduguri-Borno
P Level: P3
Duration: 3 Months
- The ongoing crisis in the North East continues to impact the most vulnerable civilians, including children, women, girls, the elderly among others within Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) camps and host communities.
- Women and children, have been exposed to grave, multiple risks and violations, including being increasingly used as Person-Borne Improvised Explosive Devices (PBIED); while men and young boys are exposed to forced recruitment, harassment, arbitrary arrest and detention, as well as disappearances.
- As the insurgency continues, prevailing fragile stability and complex humanitarian situation particularly in Borno State and parts of Adamawa and Yobe are worsened by clashes between the military and insurgents, attacks on civilian targets and suicide bombings.
- IDP camps and settlements face constant threats of attacks, leading to restrictive security measures around border areas and in refugee returnee and IDP settlements. High levels of Gender Based Violence (GBV) have been reported to be occurring in conjunction with food insecurity.
- This has caused an unprecedented increase in workload on the existing staffing base and an increase in the number of persons requested and then deployed on surge assignment, all who require human resource support and careful alignment in the country office structure and organogram.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Advanced university degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, International Relations, Social Sciences, Psychology or related areas.
- 5 years of relevant work experience in human resource assessment and reporting.
- Demonstrate experience in analyzing HR organizational human resource needs assessment at the Country Office level.
- Experience in management and human capacity building.
- Background/familiarity with emergency and security in a humanitarian setting.
- Fluency in written and spoken English Language.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send an updated Resume, date of availability, your current location, and a phone number where we can reach you to: [email protected] Please include in a Subject Line: “Human Resource Specialist-Nigeria”.
Application Deadline 7th December, 2017.