CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Partnership and Advocacy Coordinator
Location: Abuja FCT
Job Type: Contract
- The role is expected to support the new commitment to building a strong community of CARE made up of an active supporter base in Nigeria.
- The goal of this role is to build a strong community of CARE and supporter-base for transformative engagement in Nigeria.
Specifically, it will support the following:
- Deepen the quality of programme partnership beyond programme implementation to include strong voices of individuals and groups that are available to champion CARE in Nigeria.
- Strengthen CARE’s local legitimacy and accountability by mobilizing a diverse set of supporters that will contribute to programme initiative and sustainability.
- Strengthen national and state level policy advocacy and influencing.
- Create the necessary national presence and influence that will support country level resource mobilization from private sector and high-valued individual philanthropists.
The position holder will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Information gathering, assessments, analysis, and monitoring
- Resource mobilization and strategic partnership building.
- Coordination, representation, advocacy, and Learning
- Capacity building for staff and partners.
& Specifically Including:
- Mobilize individuals and groups to join the community of CARE and ensure their active participation.
- Create the necessary structure that will support active engagement of CARE community in Nigeria.
- Use Information and communication technology to create platforms for interaction by community members – including WhatsApp group, Facebook and ultimately develop a software application that will support the community.
- Mobilize and institute CARE Ambassadors from the celebrity community (firm and music industry) and social media influencers.
- Engage the development, humanitarian and policy community on major women and development concerns including civil society groups, international INGOs, development partners and governments at all levels.
- Support research, documentation, and knowledge management effort of CARE in Nigeria.
- Support the production of a biannual CARE Community newsletter.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in, Social Sciences, Gender and Development Studies or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3 -5 years supporting program development and advocacy in Nigeria.
- Must possess skills in technical proposal writing, designing projects and advocacy plans.
- Experience in coordinating and engaging with multiple stakeholders
- Fluency in English with professional-level writing capacity
- Prior experience in INGO working environment/system will be a strong asset
- Excellent written, oral communication skills Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Proficient analytical skills that demonstrate an understanding of the current concepts, priorities, and issues in programme monitoring, data collection and evaluation, highly desired.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 8th January, 2022.