Catholic Agency For Overseas Development (CAFOD) – An international development charity and the official aid agency of the Catholic Church in England and Wales that stand beside people living in poverty.
Through local Church partners, we help people directly in their own communities, and campaign for global justice, so that everyone can reach their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver and Logistics Assistant
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Hours of Work: 35 hours
- To be responsible for driving staff and visitors as required in local urban areas and on field visits as required.
- Responsible for the upkeep and general repair of vehicles.
- Provide effective logistical and administration support for Nigeria office
- This role works with all staff in the Nigeria office as well as visitors from across the organisation. The role will also come into contact with CAFOD Partners and the communities we work with.
- There position will ensure coordinated approach to driving and transport logistics within the Nigeria office.
- No financial responsibilities other than proper use of petty cash or physical transfer of cash/invoices
- Has responsibility for ensuring that office and/or security procedures are adhered to by passangers in the official vehicle.
- This role reports to the: Finance and Administration Officer
Responsible for driving staff and visitors (as required) (50%):
- Driving in local areas on CAFOD business as instructed.
- Driving CAFOD staff and visitors for field visits
- Reporting any delays, e.g. at traffic jams or road-blocks to the Line Manager.
- Reporting any accidents or serious near misses to line manager
- Recording all journeys in the log book correctly: date, name, destination, odometer-reading
To ensure upkeep and general repair of vehicles (10%):
- Ensuring that car kits have all contents before departure.
- Refueling of all vehicles as instructed by the Line Manager.
- Preparation of schedules for fuel consumption, on monthly basis
- Checking all vehicles are locked before leaving at end of day and secured as needed when travelling.
- Responsible for vehicle security and general upkeep and arranging maintenance as required.
- Checking due date for service and delivering and picking up vehicles to and from service.
- Keeping vehicles clean both inside and outside.
- Checking condition of vehicles, i.e. tyres for pressure, oil, water, spare wheels, jacks, etc.
- Reporting any malfunctions, accidents and repairs to Line Manager.
Logistics & Administration (40%):
- Sending out regret emails/letters to suppliers /
- Provides advice on quality and specification of products/services
- Liaise with Line manager regarding maintenance/repair of fixed assets
- Assist in warehousing and logistics for the emergency progamme including stock take and dispatch of supplies
- Carry out duties in adherence to Security Policy
- You may be required to carry out other reasonable duties and responsibilities from time to time in agreement with your line manager
- Delivery of documents and letters around town and paying bills as requested by the line manager.
- Carrying correspondence and cash between the office and banks / other offices, taking all due care and precaution. Minor purchasing as necessary, particularly in procurement of office supplies.
- Preparation of Cash/Bank request forms for the finance department
- Provides administration Support in purchase requisition
- Collecting quotations from suppliers, in compliance to CAFOD SCM
- Follow up with suppliers on any outstanding issues, as agreed with line manager
- Collating procurement paperwork, including CTP’s and supplier’s requirements
- CAFOD recognises the personal dignity and rights of children, towards whom it has a special responsibility and a duty of care and respect.
- CAFOD, and all its staff and volunteers, undertake to do all in our power to create a safe environment for children and young people and to prevent their physical, sexual or emotional abuse.
- CAFOD is committed to acting at all times in the best interests of children, seeing these interests as paramount.
- This post involves responsibility for people who will have contact with children or young people and applicants will be subject to specific checks related to child protection issues.
NGN 2,009,797 – 2,562,492 per annum.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 27th July, 2018.
Note CAFOD is an equal opportunities employer.