Catholic Caritas Foundation of Nigeria (CCFN) also known as Caritas Nigeria, was incorporated in September, 2010, as the relief and development arm of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of Nigeria (CBCN). Caritas Nigeria is a member of Caritas Internationalis, a confederation of 162 countries providing relief and supporting human development around the world. Caritas Nigeria’s main focus of interventions are in Emergency Response & Humanitarian Services; Health (HIV/AIDS and TB) interventions; Agriculture & Livelihoods; Good Governance; Anti-human Trafficking & Irregular Migration; Institutional Development & Capacity Strengthening. Applications are invited from suitably qualified for the position of:
Job Title: Assistant, Transport and Fleet Management (E-Ranger Motorcycling)
- Caritas Nigeria, in collaboration with Caritas Norway, is implementing a strategic partnership project consisting of 4 major components: food security, Protection, WASH and Nutrition in Adamawa and Borno State funded by the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- The Nutrition component involve the Community Management of Acute Malnutrition CMAM and Infant, Young and Child Feeding IYCF practices in Borno and Adamawa.
- To this end, Caritas Nigeria is working to promote access to services for the treatment and prevention of malnutrition among vulnerable groups, focusing on IYCF in emergencies, and pregnant/lactating women, for improved health for both Mother and Child.
- This also involve the use of E-rangers motorcycling ambulance in the transportation of SAM/MAM children and pregnant/ lactating mothers in critical conditions from the rural communities to the stabilization centres.
- The E-Ranger motorcycling fleet Assistant primary duty is to convey to the stabilization centres, pregnant and lactating mothers including children identified with critical condition of severe and acute malnutrition within the project locations.
- He shall provide other transportation services including vehicle driving when the need arises.
- The incumbent’s responsibilities also include timely or scheduled drop off and pick up of staff, collection of packages and maintaining a travel log to record work hours, travel-time and locations traveled to.
- He shall also be able to perform routine checks on the organization vehicle.
- To be successful in this role, Fleet assistant shall ensure that all transportation duties are carried out in a timely manner.
- Ultimately, it is expected that they shall be able to ensure that and other transportation details are correct before undertaking any pick-up or drop-off duties.
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Safely transporting organization staff as well as various products and materials to and from specified locations in a timely manner.
- Assisting with the loading and offloading of project related products, and materials.
- Adjusting travel routes to avoid traffic congestion or road construction and security reasons
- Promptly informing the Organization of any tickets issued against the organization vehicle during work hours.
- Ensuring that the organization vehicle is always parked in areas that permit parking in order to avoid towing.
- Keeping the organization vehicle clean and properly maintained by performing regular washing, cleaning.
- Providing accurate time records i.e Maintain a vehicle movement log sheet on daily basis for every movement to and from any location.
- Reporting any accidents, injuries, and vehicle damage to management.
- Ensure to check vehicle fluids levels (coolant, oil, etc.) daily.
- Inspect vehicle for leakage or worn out parts daily.
- The Responsibilities (Above) are not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will also perform otherrelated tasks as required and will be responsible for reporting and communicating progress and achievement of the specific assigned tasks.
Qualifications and Experience:
Qualified applicants must have:
- Minimum of a Senior Secondary School Certificate SSCE is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a project environment.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Clean driving record.
- Sound knowledge of road safety regulations.
- Working knowledge of local roads and routes around project locations.
- The ability to utilize maps, GPS systems, and car manuals.
- Effective communication skills.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Good communication and reporting skills including proficiency in both written and spoken English.
- Experience of dealing with difficult and sensitive situations in a professional manner.
- Ability to work under pressure, efficiently handle multiple tasks, quickly find creative solutions to problems and challenges that arise, and manage stress and time in a fast-paced work and fluid operating environment.
- Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork, cooperation, and learning.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures and beliefs, and to gender equity.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
- Good Knowledge of effective communication skills both inter-personal and intra-personal.
- Teamwork and personal impact.
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of faith-based organizations and capacity-building in local partnerships
- Familiarity with policies, procedures, and priorities of Caritas agencies
- Experience in staff development and partner capacity
- Demonstrated commitment to improving gender equality in programming and operations.
- Demonstrated capacity and experience with institutional strengthening of civil society
- Flexibility to work both in a team and independently
- Cultural sensitivity, patience and flexibility
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally as required
Key working relationships:
- Management & staff of Caritas Nigeria
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
30th November, 2022.