Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS is a global leader in agricultural livelihoods programming, and promotes resilience building in impoverished, disaster-affected, and climate change-impacted areas around the world. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently works in 32 of Nigeria’s 36 states, focusing on agriculture and livelihoods, health, and emergency programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Workstream Consultant
Locations: Delta, Kaduna, Kano, Niger, Taraba, Yobe
Slots: 6 Openings
- Short Term Consultancy for Logistics Work stream (6 slots) as a member of the State Support Team (SST) for 2019 Global Fund supported LLIN mass campaign in 6 states – Delta, Yobe, Taraba, Kaduna, Kano and Niger.
Terms of Reference:
- This Terms of Reference (TOR) provides the description and work to be done during the implementation of long lasting insecticidal net (LLIN) mass campaign across 6 states in Nigeria
Summary and Purpose of the Consultancy
- The State Support Team (SST) structure was established to support states with the planning and implementation of the LLIN distribution activities. The SST play a critical function for the initial mass distribution campaigns, a role focused on planning, facilitation, capacity-building, monitoring, data management and reporting during the replacement campaigns. The SST will support a broadened state structure for the replacement campaigns. Each SST is composed of work streams – technical, logistics and demand creation.
- The purpose of this consultancy is to serve as a member of the state support team (SST) and provide state-level technical assistance and oversight on logistics-related activities for the successful coordination of the 2019 long lasting insecticide treated nets (LLIN) replacement mass campaigns.
- S/he will provide training, accompaniment and technical support to the State Ministries of Health in the mass campaign states of Delta, Yobe, Kaduna, Taraba, Kano and Niger.
Objective of the Consultancy:
- The overall objective of this consultancy is to support CRS in the implementation of the 2019 LLIN mass campaign distribution across 6 states by providing technical assistance and oversight on activities to State Malaria Elimination Programmes.
- Facilitate and/or monitor training for personnel at all levels of the supply chain (state, LGA, ward, conveyor and distribution point teams).
- Monitor the transport and storage of LLINs throughout the supply chain (state warehouse to LGA warehouse, and LGA warehouse to distribution point storage.)
- Verify storage points, and LLINs in store, relative to both needs for campaign and waybill from delivery.
- Participate in-process monitoring during household mobilization and LLIN distribution, and support state implementation teams to analyse data for presentation at daily review meetings.
- Track nets delivered, distributed and remaining on a daily basis.
- Collate data from LLIN distribution to ensure timely reconciliation and implementation of reverse logistics
- Prepare, update and share Logistics Plan of Action with other SST members and relevant units within CRS on weekly basis.
- Provide weekly update to the technical workstream consultant to collate as weekly update from the campaign state.
- Prepare logistics report during the LLIN campaign and submit to the team lead at the end of the exercise in a state.
- Prepare and submit detailed logistics specific microplanning and LLIN campaign report to technical workstream consultant for consolidation and onward submission.
- Submit detailed consultancy report clearly highlighting your specific tasks/role during the activity at least 7days after completion of the activity.
Schedule of Deliverables:
- The work will be completed over a period of 16 days for microplanning and 60 days for LLIN
- campaign implementation per state campaign implementation schedule between March 2019 and December 2019.
The consultant should possess the following combination of skills and expertise:
- Minimum of first degree in Pharmacy, Sciences or related fields
- Excellent leadership qualities.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Excellent experience in using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Supply chain management experience.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and to remain flexible and calm under pressure.
- Experience of proactively identifying and addressing bottlenecks/issues desired.
- Experience of establishing strong working relationships with team members and state personnel.
- Experience and understanding of logistics systems.
- Previous experience in electronic data monitoring systems desired.
- Previous experience in LLIN mass distribution campaigns.
- Knowledge of malaria and its prevention, diagnosis and treatment is required.
- Previous experience working in a National and/or State Ministry of Health preferred.
- Experience in budget development and implementation reporting is required.
- Experience with a flexible approach to managing and prioritizing significant workloads and multiple tasks, in a fast-paced environment, with tight deadlines is required.
- Training and supervision skills.
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills are highly desired.
Management Arrangements and Follow-up:
- The Global Fund Malaria project unit will provide overall supervision and management of the consultancy. Focal contact person on this consultancy shall be the Senior Manager, Vector Control.
Key Working Relationships/Organizations
- Internal: Logistics, Technical and Demand Creation work stream Advisors,Project Officer-Mass Campaign,Global Fund Malaria Program Team, Deputy Country Representative, Country Representative, Operations Manager, Finance, Procurement and Administration Staff, Regional and Senior Technical Advisors, Deputy Regional Directors for Program Quality and Management Quality.
- External: State Ministries of Health (SMOH), National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) within the Federal Ministry of Health (FMoH), technical and financial Partners, partner health facilities, Local Fund Agent (LFA), Global Fund Country Team, Chemonics, relevant Third-party logistics agents.
Time and Level of Effort:
- This activity is expected to take place within a period of not more than 76 days per State Campaign implementation schedule, between March 2019 and December 31, 2019. The deliverables are expected to be timely and reports should be submitted no later than 7 days after the completed state campaigns.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Expression of Interest (EOI) along with a detailed Resume as attached MS word documents to: [email protected] indicating the title of the position, your state of interest and application code “LWC090119” in the subject line.
- Only applicants who send in the required format will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- CRS is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate basis on race, color, religion, etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Deadline Tuesday, 22nd January, 2019.