Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marketing & Communications Manager
Job Ref Code: MCM101018
Department: Business Development
Reports To: Country Representative
- You will oversee all activities that ensure the accuracy, timeliness, and documentation of the Finance Department’s accounting operations and financial reporting (monthly, quarterly, yearly, and as-needed) in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable.
- You will help set the standard for the Country Program’s (CP’s) financial stewardship through professional maintenance, utilization, and analysis of all cash resources controlled by the CP.
Key Working Relationships
- Internal: Country Representative, Deputy Country Representatives, Head of Programs, Business Development Specialist, Chiefs of Party, Senior Management Team, Regional Information Manager, Marketing and Communications Department (HQ)
- External: Representatives of other nonprofits, Contractors, Vendors, project partners, Donors.
Qualifications and Skills
- Understanding of major issues of international development and donor assistance
- Flexibility to work both in a team and independently
- Cultural sensitivity, patience, and flexibility
- Demonstrated personal accountability and driven to serve others
- Understanding of and experience with faith-based organizations, local church structures, and accompaniment and capacity-building principles in local partnerships highly desired
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally as required
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills
- Highly proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and desktop publishing skills
- Experience in Adobe Indesign and photoshop is strongly desired
- Proven organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Mature disposition in appropriately managing sensitive situations
- Minimum Master’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, or related studies; relevant experience in INGOs or UN preferred
- Minimum of five years’ experience working on marketing and communication activities in the Humanitarian and relief, or business sectors.
- Ability to work with stakeholders on multiple levels including government agencies, nongovernmental organizations, donors, media groups, religious groups (Catholic, Muslim) and CRS staff
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to influence through communication
- Demonstrable track record of successfully disseminating information to a variety of target audiences
- Capacity to plan, coordinate, organize and schedule and deliver outputs to a specified deadlines
- Visual literacy and visual communication competencies and skills in publication design
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “Application Form” below and send with a detailed Resume as one document in PDF to: [email protected] The Position Title must be expressly stated as the subject of the email quoting reference number MCM101018. E.g – “Marketing & Communications Manager MCM101018”.
Application Deadline 23rd October, 2018.