Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on vulnerable children, agriculture, health and HIV, extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Ref No: FOB-18117
Purpose & Primary Functions
- The Finance Officer will manage the daily financial operations (accounting, financial management, budget monitoring, reporting and accounting package such as Sun Systems Administration) of the program and ensure that the financial accounting environment is in compliance with CRS policies and procedures, donor rules and regulations & local government requirements.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting. Qualified chartered accountant ACA or ACCA will be an advantage.
- Seek and apply knowledge of accounting packages
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position.
- Demonstrated strong ability with budget preparation, expenditure tracking, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, etc
- Prior experience with international, bilateral or multilateral organization.
- Strong ability to read and interpret policies and regulations.
- Skilled in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Internet.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong team work and beneficiary/local partner-service focus; able to work with diverse groups of people as a member of multi-cultural teams, both as team leader and team member;
- Communicative and dynamic/skilled in obtaining information from staff and/or external partners and potential sponsors as necessary to accomplish duties.
- Demonstrated strength in partner relationships; diplomatic and able to manage conflicts and to move groups toward consensus
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge and skills formally and informally to diverse audiences;
- Patience and dedication to strengthening local partner organizations and working with partners in a spirit of authentic partnership;
- Able to prioritize work, multi-task and control processes.
- Strong representation, presentation and communication skills.
- Able to work diligently and independently.
- Ability to work in a team work environment and coordinate team work.
- Ability to work under pressure with short deadlines.
- Maturity, diplomacy, tact and discretion, with strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to remain calm and professional in tense situations.
Job Title: Administrative Officer – Travel
Ref No: AOTB-11087
Purpose & Primary Functions
- The Administrative Officer – Travels is to Ensure that logistics activities are carried out in accordance with CRS policies and procedures.
- Will be required to research into various logistical approaches and provide regular updates on improving current logistical practices of the CRS Nigeria program.
- The Administrative Officer -Travels will provide accommodation, flight bookings and travel support to the CRS NE Emergency program in line with policies and procedures to coordinates logistical and travel support to all units.
- The Travel Officer will facilitate & provide assistance in getting visa and all information needed for all travelers.
- Once in country, he/she will give the visitor pack (Communication devices-handset, SIM & Modem; Guesthouse Guidelines and NE-Staff Contact list). Send out weekly Travel & Visitors Trackers.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A University degree or HND in Administration or other Social Development courses
- Minimum 5 years working experience in travels or logistics capacity
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to write clear reports
- Relevant demonstrated experience in logistics and administration
- Commitment to beneficiary accountability and humanitarian ethics.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral Communication skills in English language
- Ability to speak Hausa is an added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills must be able to interact in a mature, professional and friendly manner with local and international colleagues of differing religious and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent people management skills
- Ability to multiple tasks concurrently and under pressure with little or no supervision.
- Driver’s license and a good knowledge of Northeast.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “Application Form Below” and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: [email protected]. The position title and location must be expressly stated as the subject of the email quoting reference numbers, e.g “Finance Officer: FOB-18117”
Click here to download Application Form (MS Word)
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- CRS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”.
- CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Application Deadline: 8th September, 2017.