Cedarcrest Hospitals was founded in Abuja in January 2008 and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics. Within a few years, the hospital expanded its scope of practice into a full-fledged private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world-class healthcare services to patients in Nigeria, West Africa, and globally.
With hospitals located in both Abuja and Lagos, our services accommodate over one hundred (100) beds and provide services and facilities such as emergency / trauma center, a helipad, major radiology diagnostic center, a prosthetic manufacturing plant, an oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, cardiac catheterization unit and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Technician
- Reporting to the Head of Laboratory Department, the Laboratory Technician will be responsible to work with the Laboratory Scientist and other staff on using lab equipment to study and analyze various samples and specimens to search for abnormalities and determine their causes, while maintaining lab safety protocols and documenting findings in lab systems. The incumbent will collaborate with other lab staff to achieve departmental goal.
- The Laboratory Technician’s duties include performing routine and specialized tests, conducting and supporting scientific investigations and experiments, preparing and staining slides for analysis, performing phlebotomy, recording testing information, cleaning and restocking the laboratory facility, keeping inventory, and ordering laboratory supplies.
- Conducting and supporting scientific investigations and experiments
- Planning, setting up and undertaking controlled experiments and trials
- Recording and analyzing laboratory data.
- Collecting, preparing and/or testing samples
- Maintaining, calibrating, cleaning and testing sterility of the equipment
- Providing technical support
- Presenting results to senior laboratory staff
- Writing reports, reviews and summaries.
- Keeping up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments
- Carrying out risk assessments
- Ordering and maintaining stock and resources.
- OND in Medical Laboratory Technology
- Current license from MLSCN
- Good Team Player
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- 1+ years proven experience as a Laboratory Technician
- Computer knowledge is mandatory
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong communication
- Customer satisfaction-oriented.
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- Employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using Position Title and Code as the subject of their email application.
Application Deadline: 10th August, 2020