Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research (CCCRN) is a sub-recipient of the PEPFAR ICARES grant in Benue state. CCCRN promotes best practices in health care delivery, medical training and research using locally-adapted models of health systems strengthening.We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Clinical Advisor
Reports to: State Team Lead
Purpose of Position:
- The Clinical Advisor coordinates clinical, program and administrative activities required to execute the delivery of the HIV/AIDS Tuberculosis, STI and other relevant disease management, training and care program in locations CCCRN is engaged in activities in Nigeria.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the CCCRN Clinical care team (Physician, Nurse, QI, M&E, PSCS, CBTS, and Laboratory Scientist) and ensure it functions as an effective unit.
- Ensure that all reports pertaining to activities by the Clinical care team are completed and submitted as per policy.
- Act as liaison between the CCCRN Project clinical team and the Service delivery facilities (SDF).
- Carry out needs assessment both technical and programmatic at SDF and proffer solutions in line with CCCRN’s organizational goals and objectives.
- Provide Onsite mentorship to SDF staff across program areas in disease care and treatment.
- Maintain current knowledge of HIV/AIDS patient’s standard of care at the SDF through organization of regular didactic sessions, mortality reviews, case reviews/presentations etc.
- Follow up on implementation, monitoring and evaluation of quality improvement strategies identified by program area leads, training needs and participation in meetings of committees like Therapeutic Drug Committee (TDC), Project Management Team (PMT), Infection Control Team (ICT) etc. geared towards meeting overall grant objectives at SDFs
- Direct management of people infected and affected by HIV infection at the SDFs
- Monthly reporting of all activities carried out at SDF, representation at meetings and related activities as designated.
- Provide site supervision to the Satellites, TB and PMTCT sites in the Supported State.
- Participate in all office based (desk time) related activities including making presentations, research related agenda and abstract writing.
- Participate in Technical working group, State Stake holders and other meetings necessary to achieve CCCRN’s objectives and goals
- Liaise with different level of Government of Nigeria entities and personnel to ensure achievement of CCCRNs goals and objectives.
- Support other organizations that are engaged in CCCRN’s in its activities whether as Partners, Consultant, Sub grantees or Grantors
- Knowledge: MBBS, 3 years clinical experience; Experience with personnel administration, financial management, program planning, coordination and administrative functions will be an added advantage
- Specific skills: Strong organizational, time management, computer and communication skills; Leadership, coaching and team building skills to strengthen and cultivate relationships. Strategic and analytical thinking skills with an ability to solve problems and make decisions. Able to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Supervisory responsibilities: On and offsite supervision of designated site’s clinical team in HIV care and treatment
- Supervision received: Supervision will be provided by State Lead
- Guidelines Must comply with CCCRN policies and guidelines in addition to award regulations. The GoN and other relevant guidelines will be the reference point for clinical and program activities
- Personnel contacts and purpose of contacts. Will have extensive contact with faculty, physicians, SDF staff, sponsoring agency, and project members
- Physical demands/Work environment: Able to travel within Nigeria and CCCRNs designated areas of service provision. Able to work in different multicultural and religious settings.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following below to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email:
Application Closing Date: 20th March, 2021.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document.
- Copies of their credentials
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview