The Center for Community and Health Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria’s rural children and women. CHAD was established in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
We are seeking qualified and suitable candidates to assume the positions below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Location: Owerri, Imo
Directorate: Strategic Information
- The job holder will be a member of the State Team and will support program monitoring and evaluation (M&E), and quality assurance (QA) systems.
- Support the setting up of M&E and QA systems at new program sites in the state
- Provide technical assistance to program sites in the collection, analysis, reporting and use of output data for program improvement
- Share program output data with the state team and the State Government through the state team Lead
- Monitor the progress of the program towards achieving targets in the State
- Work in collaboration with other members of the state team to follow up on Monitoring & Evaluation Committees at the program sites to ensure the promotion of data utilization by relevant end-users
- Facilitate the provision of technical support to strengthen M&E and QA systems at the state level
- Contribute to the development and review of appropriate data collection tools and procedures for all monitoring and reporting needs
- Contribute to the periodic review of the organizations quality improvement protocol, in line with national protocol
- Conduct periodic visits to program sites
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Degree in Public Health or a Health-related Degree and a minimum of 2 years relevant experience supporting the implementation of M&E systems, and planning and executing program evaluation.
- Fluency in English and Igbo languages
Job Title: PSS Facilitator
- The PSS Facilitator has the knowledge and practical skills to carry out focused psychosocial support activities with children at high risk of vulnerability. Focused PSS activities will be carried out in line with individual organization and interagency guidelines.
- The intention of this position is to build the resilience of Most Vulnerable children through Psychosocial Support activities. The Facilitator implements the activities in a manner that leaves considerable positive impact on children.
Planning and implementation responsibilities:
- Assess the main similar needs / issues faced by the targeted community group of children.
- Form a homogenous group based on similar issues or characteristics between all children members.
- Develop an action plan of PSS activities, topics and other type of interventions with the group based on a Group intervention approach.
- Implement these sessions on a periodical manner and evaluate each session with the children as well as with the PSS Officer.
- Revise sessions according to each feedback/evaluation and constantly adapt approaches and exercises.
- Promote and ensure the Children participation in all activities.
- Ensure that all activities are done in an appropriate location in line with minimum standards.
- Document all necessary feedback and provide regular monitoring report to the project coordinator on the progress of children.
- Ensure that parents receive regular feedback and advice on their children progress and interaction.
- Ensure that all children and caregivers are aware of any accountability/ complaint mechanism.
- Refer cases of children when needed.
- Ensure the use of good facilitation skills that make the children feel comfortable and enhance their participation and personal development.
- Ensure that children are not exposed to any form of harm or stress during the activity and that they feel safe and respected.
- Positively interact with children and encourage them to express their needs and ensure their safety.
- Ensure participation of children in the focused program in a non-discriminatory as well as age and gender sensitive and appropriate approach.
- Provide all material needed for each activity.
- Respect and Abide to the organizations internal code of conduct and child protection policy.
- 3 – Case Management; Reporting and Referring
- Report all the cases to the project coordinator.
- Refer children attending PSS activities to case management agencies working in the area when needed.
Safety and Security responsibilities:
- Responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security environment within PSS Centre.
- Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to Project Coordinator.
Educational Qualifications and Competencies
- B.Sc, HND or ND in a Social Development related field, (Social Worker, Psychology, Sociology, Specialized Education).
- At least 1 years’ experience working with children and preferably high risk children and/or refugee/ vulnerable population
- Knowledge in Child Protection.
- Strong facilitation and organizational skills;
- Motivated-and ability to work in a team.
- Strong interpersonal skill.
- Excellent communication skills (including active listening);
- Good in written and spoken English and hausa. Knowledge of Kanuri is an added advantage.
- Willing to travel when for any training, meeting or workshop.
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Owerri, Imo
- Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Finance Officer reconciles various bank accounts at the field, analyzes and reconciles items and provides staff with practical guidance on how to close these items.
- Systematically follows up long outstanding items and long outstanding open cases for bank reconciliations. Maintains appropriate finance records for the work performed.
- Follow all CHAD International policies, procedures, grant compliance and documentation requirements.
- Prepare and maintain filling records of all program activities and other related financial documents.
- Implement and make sure all CHAD International Field Finance Manual, procurement, assets
- Receive requests for funds from teams within program sites for activities, check and process requests.
- Prepare payment authorizations. Follow-up on timely disbursement of funds to the staff in these regions.
- Receive, reconcile and submit financial returns from the sub field office to Field office -finance office for account registration purposes.
- Identify and follow up on outstanding obligations.
- Receive, check and submit travel advance claims from field based
- Keeps record of all cash, bank, advances and regularly updates
- Carries out weekly cash counts and whenever requested by the Senior Finance Officer,
- Finance Manager, Country Director and official auditors directed by the supervisor.
- Prints off all payment vouchers and matches with the documents to be filed.
- Pays or receives authorized bank payments and receipts.
- Makes sure all required documents are attached; calculations are correct, appropriate approvals and reviews made per the AAM before payment of any cash or bank payments.
- Enters transactions to the accounting software under the supervision of the Senior Finance Officer whenever required.
- Ensure compliance with Nigerian laws and standard accounting practice.
- Code all expenditures following the standard chart of accounts, coded budget and record to the accounting software or recording system daily and ensure weekly review and posting.
- Match invoices/receipts with payment vouchers and other required documents.
- Prepare cash, bank and advances reconciliations and submit for review/approval every week and monthly.
- Make sure all income taxes, withholding taxes, VAT and other taxes are withheld and paid accordingly.
- Keep all finance documents and reports are properly filed, labeled and stored in a clear and easily accessible manner following FFM.
- Be adaptable and flexible to take new tasks and new assignments as requested from time to time.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to CHAD International and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission
- Any Other duties as assigned
- The successful candidate will be capable of multi-tasking, rapid decision-making, have initiative, drive and a lot of energy, as well as high emotional intelligence, constructive mentoring skills and proven experience with capacity building.
- S/he will be committed to long-term program sustainability and the delivery of high-impact activities at the community level.
- Successful CHAD International team members have a strong commitment to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and challenging environments, and make effective written and verbal communication a priority.
- CHAD International team members represent the Organization both during and outside work hours.
- Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and CHAD International policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
- Diploma or advanced certificate or equivalent in Accounting or Finance is required.
- Minimum of two years experience in handling cash and accounting.
- Any Finance experience is preferred.
- Accounting skills and experience in general ledger, journal entries, payroll, cash/bank mgt.
- Computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel and accounting software experience.
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Willing to travel to CHAD International offices and take temporary assignments..
- Fluency in English and Igbo languages
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and updated CV’s and Cover Letters to: [email protected] The subject of the mail should be the job position and location being applied for.
Note: Late applications will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 27th August, 2018.