A Non-Governmental Organization, Centre for Communication and Social Impact (formerly Center for Communication Programs Nigeria) is seeking applications from qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Director of Programs
- The DOP will support the Executive Director in overseeing the coordination of the technical aspects of ongoing programs or projects.
- This position will be based in Abuja, with program activities expected to be carried out at different states. Travel is expected.
Reporting & Supervision
- The DOP will report to the Executive Director and supervise the Program Technical Advisors.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Support the delivery of technical programs and activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization
- Coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency
- Develop comprehensive progress reports on all active programs to be submitted to the Executive Director
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks
- Report evaluation findings to the Executive Director and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate
- Supervise technical staff by providing direction, input and feedback
- Support the implementation of short and long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program
- In addition to writing winning proposals, develop new and unique ways to create new business opportunities for the organization.
- Liaise with other Managers and Technical Advisors especially the Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Technical Advisor to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Social Sciences, Program Management, Strategic Communication or related field.
- Post Graduate degree in Program Management, Social Sciences, Business Administration, etc.
- Minimum of 10 to 15 years’ work-related experience
- Experience in managing a program of a minimum budget of USD500,000
Required Skills & Competence:
- Knowledge of Social and Behavior Change Communication
- Knowledge of program management
- Knowledge of thematic health and social development areas
- The Director of Programs should demonstrate competence in the following:
- Ability to maintain workflow efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Organizational, planning and problem-solving skills
- Communicate effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Foster teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Strong communication, excellent interpersonal communication and leadership skills
- Energetic, dynamic and vibrant personality
- Proficiency in MS Office
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s of not more three sides of A4 (standard CV Format) including at least two professional references as well as a Cover letter (Maximum 1-page A4), stating suitability for the position to: [email protected] Applications must indicate Position Reference Code (DOP01) on the Email Subject line. Applications must carry full names of applicants.
Application Deadline 18th June, 2018.
- Applications received after the time above will not be considered.
- If you have not received feedback by 4th July 2018, considered you are not successful at this time.