The Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) was established in the United Kingdom in 1997 and registered in Nigeria in 1999 as an independent, not-for-profit, research training, advocacy and capacity building organization. The organization aims at mobilizing global opinion for democratic development and provides an independent space to reflect critically on the challenges posed to the democratization and development process in West Africa. CDD envisions a West Africa that is democratically governed, economically integrated – promoting human security and people centered development.
Since its inception, the Centre has remained focused on capacity building work, policy advocacy, and as a research reference point on democratic governance, human security, people-centered development and human rights. The Centre is advertising for the vacant positions below:
Job Title: Senior Communications Officer
- Information: working with and coordinating the media on disseminating information about CDD programmes, activities, and events. Regular Press Releases on CDD’s work to media and liaising with electronic and the print media on CDD’s image-building and profile.
- Coordinating the communication unit of the Centre
- Set up of the CDD project information Centre
- Writer and editor of CDD’s Annual reports, and occasional papers/research findings.
- Part of Image-building work and research work.
- Developing and managing CDD’s information database
- Conceptual and Copy editor of CDD’s publications – books, newsletters, etc.
- Production: design and printing work/supervision of CDD publications;
- Web-site management
- Master Degree in Mass Communication, English Language, Communication Art, Language Art or any related course.
- Experience as an editor in a reputable newspaper house while not compulsory will be an advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience in books publication
- Ability to organize press conferences at short notice
- Fluency in both English and French is an advantage,
- Experience in web design and content production is a plus
- Solid understanding of project management principles
- Working knowledge of MS Office; photo and video-editing software is an asset
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Excellent analytical, writing and ‘actioning’ skills
- Ability to thrive under pressure with limited support
- Effective and persuasive communication skills
- Excellent inter-personal, presentational and public speaking skills
- Excellent IT Skills
- Know what is hot in the Social Media Landscape and know how to keep up-to-date with latest news and trends.
Job Title: Communications Officer
- Develop and Maintain the organizations website
- Ensure IT communications platform are working effectively (internet, email, website, social media etc.)
- Support program team design &implement ICT related activities
- Ensure that all publications, reports and products are produced in line with CDD graphic guidelines;
- Implement graphic design guidelines in all CDD communication products as it emanates from the Programmes Department
- Individual applicants must have at least a first degree or its equivalent from a recognized university/higher institution in Mass communication computer science or other related field.
- Must be experienced in latest web technologies, responsive design and browser performance optimization.
- Applicants must be able to show evidence of previous websites designed.
- Applicants must have impeccable attention to detail and a good eye for high quality design.
- Great multi-tasking skills and experience in delivering to digital audiences
- Digital innovation does not scare or slow you, it accelerates you.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a one page Applications plus a maximum 3 page CV’s to: [email protected]
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer of labour committed to feminist principles, human rights and fundamental freedoms.
Application Deadline 8th December, 2017.