Centre for Global Solutions and Sustainable Development (CENGSSUD) is a multi-focused/dimensional Think-Tank and a not-for-profit making organisation with the primary objective of advancing sustainable development and contributes to seeking practical and workable solutions to the world’s global issues through research, policy development/analysis, advocacy, advisory, capacity development and partnerships. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sustainability Intern
Duration: 6 Months Internship Opportunity
- Centre for Global Solutions and Sustainable Development(CENGSSUD) is seeking exceptional candidates to join as Sustainability Intern.
- These persons will be part of a highly collaborative team responsible for researching and developing a plan for an enhanced sustainability programs, initiatives, projects and opportunities.
- Given CENGSSUD’s ongoing commitment to sustainability and creating sustainable solutions, it is an exciting and dynamic time to contribute as we seek to expand on our efforts. The role requires persons with a sustainable development, environmental, CSR, etc. backgrounds and experience in the corporate environment, who is also an energetic self-starter and highly collaborative individual.
- Identify sustainability issues, concerns, and stakeholder interests in relevant capacities
- Research on sustainable initiatives, solutions, projects etc along with policies needed to achieve long-term sustainability
- Collect and analyze information on best practices in our industry and across other industries
- Develop a robust library of resources to aid in educating others at the organisation
- Create a proposal for our sustainability strategy, including potential programs, initiatives, engagement opportunities and partnerships
- Coordinate with various teams to design plans for environmental impact reduction
- Support key business partners in understanding the impact of potential sustainability efforts, including but not limited to Corporate Social Responsibility, ESG, Strategic Sourcing, Premises, Information Technology, Global Administration, and more
- Establish framework for monitoring overall sustainability goals and achieving them with targets
- Assist in the design of financial analysis and modeling, conducting due diligence, and creating deliverables to quantify impact of sustainability efforts
- Determine key metrics to use in reporting
- Create sustainability databases
Skills & Experience Required
- A graduate in the Sustainable Development, Environmental management/Science, and any other relevant fields can apply
- Demonstrated commitment to the environment; content knowledge around CSR and sustainability
- Good research skills (both quantitative and qualitative)
- Innovative and creative approach to problem-solving
- Strong work ethic, action-oriented, and highly collaborative
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Understanding of corporate ESG issues including energy, greenhouse gas emissions, water, and waste, Labour, health, safety, governance, SDGs etc.
- Excellent judgment; ability to prioritize work, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines
What you will achieve!
- Through our Sustainability Academy, we shall train you in wide area of Corporate Sustainability topics/courses and get certificates
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally with our sustainability Advisory and Academy team
- Ability to get quality and career impacting resources from the pool of our sustainability library
- Ability to get permanent job with us if shown commitment, capacity, dedication and drive performance/results.
- Opportunity to learn practical Sustainability Advisory/Consulting skills from our Advisors
- Ability to engage in our projects and get remunerations
- And many more rewarding opportunities
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 15th May, 2019.