Chemonics International – From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehousing/Medical Waste Management Advisor
Scope of Work
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Warehousing/Medical Waste Management Advisor – Deliver & Return to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- The Warehousing/Medical Waste Management Advisor will also support global health initiatives in HIV/AIDS, malaria, maternal and child health, and reproductive health through technical assistance relating to assessment and improvement of waste management processes
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions – Warehouse Operations)
- Ensure adherence to Good Warehousing Practices across supply chain operations (warehousing operations in both government owned, including designated storage facilities for LLINs for distribution campaigns, and contracted 3PL warehouses).
- Serve as a resource in the coordination of warehouse operations for the supply of health program commodities to health facilities and to ensure appropriate and timely refill of facility commodities based on delivery orders across programs/various donors
- Monitor the warehouse operations of third logistics warehouse service providers (subcontracted warehousing 3PLs) and government owned warehouses to ensure that standard practices and appropriate procedures are maintained.
- Monitor warehouse space utilization closely to ensure adequate warehousing space is available for all procured/ordered health program commodities and as well ensure that warehouse service bill match actual utilization.
- Carry out inspection of vehicles, ensuring that vehicle deployed by 3PLs are suitable, appropriate and meet set standards as stipulated in the contracts/work orders for the provision of transportation services.
- Coordinate and supervise the pick, pack and dispatch (PPD) of commodities during Last Mile Distribution; LMDs at originating warehouses
- Carry out spot-checks during the LMDs (using routing plans, in the case of non-DDIC LMDs and trucking schedule, in the case of DDIC delivery runs) and report anomalies – by proxy deliveries, commodity loss, lagging delivery to the Distribution Manager.
- Carry out spot-checks during the LMDs; collate and report all non-conformances or adverse report (some of which bother on suspicion of fraud, commodity loss, by proxy delivery, lagging delivery times, use of non-compliant vehicles, etc.) concerning 3PL performance to the Distribution Manager
- Review of the stock status report for all projects commodities warehoused in government owned/managed to the Warehousing Manager
- Take receipt of international shipments designated for direct delivery to the states; official receipt of commodities (malaria medicines, rapid diagnostic tests and long lasting insecticidal nets, LLINs) into the subcontracted warehouse (owned by third party logistics warehouse service providers, government owned warehouses (Central Medical Stores – CMSs) and submitting the receipt reports (ensuring that all stock transactions are documented accordingly) to the Warehouse Manager.
- Monthly physical counts of all commodities in the subcontracted warehouses (owned by third party logistics warehouse services provider, government owned warehouse (Central Medical Stores – CMSs) or any other designated warehouse or storage location in the state capital, reconcile stocks and monitor all stock transactions (for malaria medicines, rapid diagnostic tests and long lasting insecticidal nets, LLINs) including receipts, issues, and stock- on- hand (physical count).
- Facilitate complete and accurate documentation during LMDs and interstate/long hauls; PODs and SRVs/SIVs/RIRVs.
- Coordinate the activities of third party logistics warehouse services at central and regional level including stock taking, LMD supervision etc
- Support achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance.
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual
- Track warehousing and distribution vendor compliance to key performance indicators.
- Track and document vendor non-conformances
- Track commodity loss/damages and ensure refund by vendor.
- Coordinate monthly technical review meetings with warehousing and distribution vendors reviewing performance in LMD cycles against their KPIs
- Develop ware house supervision checklist (Weekly and Monthly)
- Coordinate and document weekly and Monthly warehouse supervision
- Contribute to or write GHSC-PSM in Nigeria reports, articles and technical documents, as required.
- Participate in the USAID and other working groups, as required.
- Perform other tasks as directed by Warehousing/Medical Waste Management Advisor
Additional Functions – Waste Management:
- As needed, provide technical assistance to country office staff and governments and other country stakeholders, in the following PSM waste management-related areas:
- Supply chain and commodity waste management assessments to determine country strengths and weaknesses and identify technical assistance gaps to be addressed.
- Development of policies, guidelines, manuals and standard operating procedures for safe and proper disposal of unusable materials.
- Development of training materials and provide training for country programs and client countries to help assure that inventories, collections, sorting, disposals, etc. are conducted properly and consistent with the PMO requirements.
- Coordinate in-country waste drive for treatment and disposal of expired pharmaceutical commodities.
- Development of reports and measures for assessing the progress and impact of waste management interventions and technical assistance results.
- Work with the Deliver and Return Director and Managers to develop and maintain country and commodity-appropriate work plans in line with waste management system strengthening needs.
- Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy, Public Health, Logistics management or other related Sciences.
- At least 3 years’ experience in warehousing/management of health program commodities, preferably in an international healthcare supply chain management environment
- Ability to monitor, supervise and provide support to warehouse 3PL service providers
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and numeracy skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and to be self-motivated and self-managing
- Above average IT skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and inventory management software (m-Supply, e-Stock Card, etc.)
- Experience in working on a USAID or donor-funded project required
- Fluency in English is required
- The Warehousing/Medical Waste Management Advisor – Deliver & Return will report to the Warehouse Manager – Deliver & Return.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment:
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract.
Annual Salary Package
- 5 % increase on your current annual base salary (The base salary is the salary before tax without any benefits, allowances or bonuses)
- Transportation Allowance: NGN 208,652.00 (Per year)
- Meals Allowance: NGN 173,407.00 (Per year)
- Miscellaneous Allowance: NGN 453,142.00 (Per year)
- Housing: NGN 974,962.00 (Per year)
- Annual Leave Allowance calculated at 10% of annual basic salary
- 13th Month Benefit calculated at 8.33% of your annual basic salary
Application Closing Date
12th February, 2018.