Chemonics International, an international development firm based in Washington, DC., seeks professionals for USAID’s anticipated multi-year health program in Nigeria; the Strategic HIV and AIDS Response Program (SHARP).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Technology (IT) Associate
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Scope of Work
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the IT Associate to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- The IT Associate is responsible for providing direct technical assistance and support to GHSC-PSM staff for network, hardware and software issues ranging from basic installation and maintenance of computer systems including software and hardware on desktops and laptops, resolving internet and network access issues (both wired and wireless), providing network printer support, meeting with staff to provide one-on-one basic technical assistance as needed/requested.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Respond to user requests for service, troubleshoot problems and help develop basic solutions.
- Record activities, solutions and other responses to request for service on the Help desk platform.
- Assist in maintaining inventory records and documentation for equipment.
- Maintains open communication and positive working relationship with staff.
- Support basic PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software.
- Perform basic repairs to equipment and arrange for other servicing needs.
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in either Computer Science, Information Technology or B.Eng. Computer Engineering
- At least 1 years of relevant work experience
- Basic skill in research/application and understanding technical documentation
- Basic skills with ability to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints.
- Experience working on a USAID or donor-funded project required
- Fluency in English is required
- Customer service skills, basic troubleshooting skills, ability to work well in a team environment.
- Basic experience with Microsoft Office suite in a technical support environment.
- Basic experience with networking technologies and diverse specification of printer support is required.
- Basic analytical skills and the ability to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems.
- The IT Associate will report directly to an IT Advisor.
- Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Annual Salary package
- 5% increase on your current annual base salary (The base salary is the salary before tax without any benefits, allowances or bonuses)
- Transportation Allowance: NGN 113,714.00(Per year)
- Meals Allowance: NGN 57,970.00 (Per year)
- Miscellaneous Allowance: NGN 191,651.00 (Per year)
- Housing: NGN 181,498.00 (Per year)
- Annual Leave Allowance calculated at 10% of annual basic salary
- 13th Month Benefit calculated at 8.33% of your annual basic salary
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 12th November, 2017.