Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Leader
Locations: Kaduna, Kano, Yobe, Borno
- Chemonics seeks a team leader for the anticipated £170m U.K. Department for International Development (DFID) Partnership for Learning for All in Nigeria.
- The program hopes to have the impact of more children and young people acquiring knowledge and skills that enhance their life chances and an outcome where state and non-state basic education systems deliver better quality learning for children, including for marginalized groups.
- The program will focus on Kaduna, Kano, Yobe, and Borno states (as access permits) while providing support to the federal government and ensuring flexibility to enable change in geographic focus if required.
- This position will be based in Nigeria. We are looking for people who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide technical leadership and management oversight to ensure all activities and partners achieve the initiative’s targeted results
- Serve as the project’s principal liaison with DFID and other relevant counterparts and implementing partners involved with the project
- Manage and supervise the work of project personnel and subcontractors
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner, suggesting appropriate program adjustments as needed
- Proven ability to supervise, mentor, train, and support staff
- Demonstrated exemplary written, verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Written and spoken proficiency in English (level 4 on the Foreign Service Institute scale)
- Experience or familiarity with the education sector in Nigeria preferred, including some knowledge of state and non-state education sectors
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Previous experience as a team lead on a DFID-funded project desired, but not essential
- 15 years of relevant experience in Education
- Master’s degree or equivalent in education or a related field
- Experience implementing and managing large, multi-component education projects in developing countries (preferably in West Africa) related to basic education, accelerated learning, safe schools, or strengthening education systems
- Ability to work in complex and fluid environments
- Strong leadership ability and experience managing large teams in culturally diverse settings
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 31st December, 2018.
Note: No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.