Chemonics has been engaged by the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, with the concurrence of USAID to leverage on the GHSC-PSM health supply chain in Nigeria to provide warehousing and distribution services for Global Fund- procured HIV and malaria health commodities in Nigeria. Currently managed by the Global Fund’s Principal Recipients (PRs), Chemonics will work closely with the Global Fund, the PRs, and as needed USAID to implement the warehousing and distribution services for the Global Fund PRs all through till December 2017.
We are hereby seeking to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Associate, GHSC-PSM Nigeria
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
The Scope of Work
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Human Resources Associate to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program, and maternal and child health. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- The Human Resources Associate will support the Human resources processes by administering tests; scheduling appointments; conducting orientation; maintaining records and information.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Provide support during the interview process by:
- aMaintaining the recruitment board.
- Placing advertisements and printing applications.
- Preparing interview packets and placing phone calls to candidates for confirmation.
- Arranging interviews and tests.
- Compiling the results of tests, interview scoring sheets.
- To create, maintain, and close/archive personnel files for all staff in GHSC-PSM Nigeria and maintain to a high standard.
- To ensure that all HR files are constantly and consistently updated (important documents are placed) and are accurate.
- To maintain records on medical expenses and absence including annual leave and sick leave and keeping staff/supervisors and the Human Resources Manager informed of balances.
- To alert the HR Manager of probationary end dates and employment end dates well in advance.
- To ensure that personnel files are up-to-date with former employee/exited staff paperwork /clearance certificate and ensure that Finance is kept informed.
- To process and maintain record of Over-Time payments
- To compile reports such as 13th month salary.
- To ensure that all HR forms are updated and shared with staff per their request.
- To compile reports on the probation status for staff and follow up with the HR Manager and supervisors.
- To compile reports such as Annual Performance Reviews.
- To provide support in the performance management process -collecting information during the performance annual cycle.
- Perform other tasks as directed by HR Managers.
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual.
- Support the achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Human Resources, Administration, development, or a related field preferred.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities.
- Good team member with experience working in a small team and supporting a wider program team.
- Reliable, organized and efficient with ability to pay attention to detail.
- HR experience within a multi-cultural environment preferred.
- Experience working on a USAID or donor-funded project required.
- Strong sense of self-awareness, flexible, and willing to learn.
- Computer skills – Word, Excel, use of the Internet, databases and email.
- A strong commitment to Diversity issues, Equal Opportunities and capacity building.
- Fluency in English is required
- The HR Associate will report directly to the Human Resources Manager or his/her designee.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 6th September, 2017.