Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tuberculosis (TB) Supply Chain Senior Logistics Advisor
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Duration: This is a long-term position for the life of the contract
The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world. The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the TB Senior Logistics Advisor to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
- The TB Supply Chain Senior Logistics Advisor will be embedded in the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Program (NTBLCP) and be responsible for supporting the day-to-day Procurement and Supply Chain Management (PSM) activities, including commodity pipeline monitoring and developing the systems support, as well as, personnel capacity to implement TB PSM activities in collaboration with key TB partners.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Develop a harmonized activity for resupply and distribution plan for TB commodities.
- Provide technical assistance in pipeline monitoring to states and service delivery points.
- Support the TB Program in improving TB logistics data quality and visibility from the National to LGA levels particularly as it relates to National Health Logistics Management Information System NHLMIS (NAVISION).
- Deliberate on emerging issues pertaining drug management and proffer solutions.
- Provide technical assistance for the use of relevant TB data for planning and decision making.
- Support Government agencies PSM led activities in collaboration with other partners in supply chain management harmonization efforts across health programs and identify synergies, efficiencies and supply chain performance improvement targets.
- Provide technical contribution to quarterly and annual reports for submission to GoN, donors and Partners for the Program or Project
- Carry out other appropriate duties as assigned by the National Coordinator NTBLCP or the designate.
- Facilitate central collaboration efforts between Government of Nigeria (GON) at the NTBLCP, donors and relevant Stakeholders in PSM activities and develop strategies to foster collaboration in procurement planning, shipment tracking, distribution, monitoring and supervision, LMIS reporting & information management.
- Support the NTBLCP routine meetings of procurement and supply management coordination working groups and committees.
- Support the NTBLCP and the principal recipients in planning for national forecasting and supply planning (quantification) exercise; participate and provide technical guidance on building assumptions during the exercise.
- Provide technical assistance for the forecasting and supply planning (quantification) exercises using different methods and tools including the use of Quan TB tool, ForLAB, e.t.c.
Minimum Skills and Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Health-related field; Physician or Pharmacist qualification preferred. Post graduate qualification in Public Health will be an advantage.
- 4 years Post qualification experience relating to pharmaceutical systems, management information systems, supply chain management or pharmaceutical services.
- Ability to use NTBLCP tools such as Quan TB and e-TB manager will be an added advantage
- Relevant experience in the strengthening of National TB programs, experience with management of medicines supply and information systems for TB including pharmacovigilance an Adverse Drug Surveillance and Monitoring.
- Experience with programs supported by bilateral agencies such as USAID and international agencies such as the Global Fund, the Global Drug Facility.
- Experience working on a USAID or donor-funded project required.
- Fluency in English is required.
- The Tuberculosis Supply Chain Senior Logistics Advisor will report directly to TB Supply Chain Senior Logistics Advisor will report to the National Coordinator NTBLCP or the designate and Director Lab and Malaria Logistics (Supervisor).
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment:
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply