Posted on :
21 Jul, 2009
21 Jul, 2009
EXCITING OPPORTUNITIES TO BUILD A CAREER AT A BEVERAGE CAN MANUFACTURING COMPANY
We are West Africa’s leading Aluminum Can manufacturing company with intended output of 550million cans per year. We will commence commercial production in the last quarter of 2009 with a focus on the beverage industry in West Africa. We aspire to be a major manufacturer in the West African sub-region and have laid the groundwork for success in conjunction with a world-class team of international technical, financial, and management consultants in pre-rollout planning. We are owned by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs and an institutional investor who seek to establish a truly different, professional manufacturing company that will be known for outstanding quality of products, an unparalleled customer value proposition, and that will contribute strongly to the nation’s development.
We are currently seeking top local and international talent across all major positions from executive officers downwards to join our corporate offices and plant operations in Agbara, Ogun State, Nigeria.
We intend to develop a culture that promotes talent from within. Compensation will be at above-market rates with a strong incentive-base for certain positions to reflect the caliber of personnel we seek. Ideal candidates will have the requisite prior experience and the passion and energy to build a new enterprise from the ground-up in conjunction with our technical and other partners.
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Reference Number CAN001
Closing Date 31st July, 2009
• Oversee all aspects of the establishment and rapid growth of the factory from inception to its becoming a dominant force in the West African manufacturing sector
• Serve as chief architect of the company’s strategy, leveraging extensive business planning work and market research done to date.
• Manage the company’s resources to generate strong revenue growth, profitability, and maximal shareholder value for investors in line with the mission and vision for the business.
• Oversee operations and manage performance of sub-functions and individuals to ensure corporate objectives are met.
• Help build a winning executive team and provide inspirational leadership to the organization while managing external stakeholder relations (e.g., investors, regulatory, etc)
• Ultimately responsible for the company’s P&L. Key performance indicators include: strong operational performance, supply chain management, sales and profitability growth, net income and ROIC..
• Experience in strategic planning and execution of a manufacturing plant rollout. Strong project management, contracting and negotiating skills
• Experience in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures.
• Excellent understanding of supply chain network and operations – experience with manufacturing company.
• Ability to develop financial plans and manage resources. Ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
• Distinctive people leader and strong ‘no-excuses’ results-orientation.
• Advanced Degree in Economics, Engineering, Business Administration, Finance, or relevant field. Fluency in English is essential.
• A minimum of ten years leadership experience with at least 5 years at an executive level -preferably in a manufacturing enterprise. Multinational/international experience is a requirement.
• Truly exceptional candidates who fail to meet one of the above criteria may be considered
Job Title Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Reference Number CAN002
Closing Date 31st July, 2009
• Oversee all key elements of the Finance function for the enterprise including financial reporting, financial and management accounting, tax and regulatory compliance, financial controls (budgeting, planning, forecasting, risk managements etc), corporate finance, treasury, and underlying management information systems utilized.
• Develop leadership and coordination in the administrative, business planning, accounting and budgeting efforts of the company. Responsible for all financial and fiscal management aspects of company operations.
• Ensure that company financing requirements are consistently met and that capital structure is optimized at all points in time.
• Analyze cash flow, cost controls, and expenses to guide business leaders. Analyze financial statements to pinpoint potential weak areas. Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards. Support the Procurement of equipment and solutions.
• Create, coordinate, and evaluate the financial programs and supporting information systems of the company to include budgeting, tax planning, real estate, and conservation to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal budgetary reporting requirements.
• Key performance indicators include: EBITDA, net income, free cash flow, invested capital, balance sheet size, leverage ratio, ROIC, multiyear IRR and company valuation.
• Experience in finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles and strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
• Excellent knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems. Sound knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
• Advanced Degree in Finance or Accounting. Fluency in English is essential. A Chartered Accountant. A minimum of ten years leadership experience with 3 years executive and supervisory experience.
• While manufacturing sector experience is essential, candidates without manufacturing experience but with strong international experience and/or experience with a multinational would be considered.
• Truly exceptional candidates who fail to meet one of the above criteria may be considered.