Posted on :
30 Sep, 2009
30 Sep, 2009
African Development Bank is currently recruiting for the position of Chief Security Officer, African Development Bank (AfDB) Group’s mission is to help reduce poverty, improve living conditions for Africans and mobilize resources for Africa’s economic and social development.
* Position title: Chief Security Officer
* Grade: PL-3
* Position N°: 6958 / SAP N°: 50052627
* Reference: ADB/09/140Objectives
The key security objectives are to assure for all of the Bank’s location throughout Africa the:
Protection of all ADB assets and personnel in Côte d’Ivoire; Availability of security and emergency contingency plans; Prepare for a return to Headquarters form the Temporary Relocation Agency (TRA).
Preparation of threat level report relating to Côte d’Ivoire; Identification of all threats to the ADB in Côte d’Ivoire and the putting into place of effective counter measures; Conducting Risk Analysis and Risk Assessment Reviews to be included in all Security Unit (SECU) reporting to the President of the Bank.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Head of the Security Unit in fulfilling his prime duties the Security Manager is tasked to:
* Prepare, maintain and put into action the ADB’s strategic risk assessment program for Côte d’Ivoire, through which he will identify and characterize threats, assess risks, design countermeasures to eliminate or reduce risks and propose cost-effective solutions for a safe return to Headquarters;
* Provide security advice to the Head of the Security Unit in both a pro-active and reactive manner;
* Prepare, for approval of the Chief of the Security, all Côte d’Ivoire related security documentation such as risk assessments, security procedures, reports concerning threat levels, security incidents involving ADB personnel, the organization of security at the Headquarters and the analysis of security events affecting the ADB itself;
* Establish and maintain good working relationships with the security authorities of Côte d’Ivoire and with the United Nations Security Coordination Department, and also with counterparts in similar organizations;
* Prepare the physical security environment at the Headquarters for the return of the Bank of Côte d’Ivoire; Conduct liaison with the contracted security company Group 4 Securicorps;
* Control access to all Bank facilities in Cote d’Ivoire; Implement technical security improvements to all Bank facilities in Cote d’Ivoire.
* Prepare and maintain crisis and emergency plans for all personnel in Côte d’Ivoire, covering eventualities such as war, country evacuation, earthquake, flood, fire and temporary loss of asset access, and any other credible natural/man made disaster or major accident.
* Analyze current technical security posture and make recommendations to improve all technical security enhancements for all ADB locations. Implement technical programs to enhance human security resources;
* Develop and supervise training programs for SECU staff at HQ in Abidjan.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
* At least a Master degree in a security related field.
* At least seven (7) years of relevant and pertinent experience in the security profession.
* Extensive experience in military, police or relative field required.
* High level degree of confidentially and integrity; very good interrelations skills, and diplomatic skills.
* Discreet and quiet professionalism with career background in security field.
* Proven leadership; Ability to work in a stressful environment and able to deliver timely results.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English or French ; with a working knowledge of the other language.
* Demonstrated ability to analyze facts and implement concrete solutions.
* Very good records of networking with people and knowledge of successful integration in a multicultural organisation.
* Proven experience with telecommunication including ability to operate complex security related equipment.
* Excellent customer service attitude and ability to work in a team and manage diverse elements through complex project management scenario.
* Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
Only applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are being considered for interview will be contacted. Applicants will only be considered if they submit (preferably electronically, to: [email protected]) a fully completed Personal History Form (PHF), and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating date of birth and nationality.
Staff Planning and Recruitment Division
Temporary Relocation Agency
African Development Bank
15 Avenue du Ghana
FAX: (216) 71 831 472
The President, ADB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline is 4th October 2009