Churchgate Group – Over the past 50 years, Churchgate has played a major role in trading, manufacturing, banking and real estate in Nigeria. Today, the vision of our Company is to become the most prominent, reliable property developer in Nigeria’s currently fragmented market. We aim to be at the forefront of projects that will transform Nigeria’s cities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Facilities Management
- The Head of Facility Management will be responsible for managing all aspects of facilities service delivery for all Churchgate Group commercial and residential properties and will be located in Lagos.
- To ensure the coordination and delivery of a cost-effective, efficient and client-focused Facilities Management service for all buildings (both residential, commercial and industrial) belonging to the Group
- To provide direction and leadership towards achievement of the business strategy as it relates to Facilities Management.
- Work in close collaboration with FM Service Providers/Partners in a positive and progressive way to ensure facilities/repair funds are spent in the most efficient, effective and economic way.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Liaise with the Legal department in the development of FM service contracts, consultancy support and works contracts in accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures.
- Assist the Head of Procurement by providing accurate description (physical and technical) of parts and/or equipment required for FM works.
- Keep inventory of all equipment, appliances and assets belonging to the group; which are under the management of FM department
- Oversee maintenance of pool, landscaping, cleaning, AC, generators, lifts etc.
- Manage and build a Facilities management team and ensure productivity
- Create annual FM budget for maintenance and CAPEX
- Ensure that all Office Service Equipment and contracts are managed effectively and efficiently to provide a customer focused service.
- To provide a high quality service to internal clients based on agreed service standards.
- Implement a policy of continuous improvement and develop, present and implement new ideas to improve the scope and quality of service delivery standards
- Liaise with Government and regulatory bodies where necessary
- Other responsibilities as may be delegated by the Group Managing Director or BOD.
- To ensure that all buildings are managed and supported in an effective and timely manner and in a condition appropriate to their use.
- To ensure that FM budgets are managed and controlled in strict accordance with group financial policies and procedures
- To take a leading part in developing sustainable policies and initiatives and to deliver a program of development and maintenance which ensures that cost reduction targets are met
- To manage and develop all mechanical and electrical services, plant and associated installations to ensure that they comply with best practices and to be responsible for all statutory testing, inspection and record-keeping.
- Provide technical advice as necessary to client representatives, appointed consultants and contractors for the design and operation of building services & systems.
- Manage the maintenance of the structure and fabric of all buildings, with due consideration of appropriate building regulations.
- A strong understanding of all technical aspects of property (Computer Room Air-conditioning, Chiller system, Fire Protection system, Mechanical & Electrical system, BMS system)
- Proven competency in the use of Auto Cad (Drawing and interpretation)
- Proven capacity to understand and interpret commercial contracts
- Strong budget management and financial analysis skills
- Ability to manage soft facilities management function(Cleaning, Help-desk, Front of house and other related responsibilities within the soft FM function)
- Proven skills in internal communication with clients
- Strong leadership and management
- Proactive change orientation mindset
- Accountability – strong willingness to get hands dirty
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment
- Engineering Degree qualified in an appropriate Engineering discipline (e.g. Mechanical / Electrical / Building Systems Engineering).
- M.Sc and Facilities Management Certification will be an advantage
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Engineering and Facilities Management
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Senior management position
- Proven self-starter that consistently delivers to outcome specifications
- Proven experience of operating in a similar role and environment
- Experience of working in high rise building with high occupancy
- Knowledge of local health and occupational safety requirements
- Knowledge of critical facilities
- Knowledge of vendor management for specialized services
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply