Citibank Nigeria Limited, the leading global financial services company, provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Manager – Trade and Treasury
Ref Id: 18040619
Job Category: Product Management
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
- Grow Trade products and relevant business segment market share
- Monitor product performance and address issues affecting sales as highlighted by customers or Relationship Managers.
- Pro-active management of internal credit and pricing issues; lines and X-border etc.
- Marketing of Trade products to customers.
- Work with business segment to develop solution to issues identified by customers in the relevant business segments.
- Refine existing products and develop new ones that meet the needs of customers based on RM, customers and competitive intelligence.
- Prepare product plans yearly for review by Trade Head
- Conduct annual review of product programs
- Conduct regular training and education sessions for Relationship Managers and O and T.
- Maintain close relationship with Risk Management, Business Segments, O and T and Finance to ensure all the objectives of the products are clearly understood
- Prepare regular reports, which will serve as indicators to management of product performance based on established goals. Some of these reports are: Monthly Volumes, Wallet sizing report, Product grid, Pipeline of new deals etc.
- Carry out market intelligence about the competition, and ensure that we adopt best practices.
- Liaise constantly with Trade Operations to ensure understanding of the product by Trade Operations staff and ensure efficient delivery to customers.
- Conduct business reviews with marketing units and meet with operations and technology on a regular basis.
- Liaise with the regulators (Central Bank of Nigeria, Customs, Inspection Agents etc.) to ensure that regulatory constraints relating to products are quickly resolved.
- Trade Product Head – Regular Product and Business updates. Product program reviews, internal approval. Customer calls
- Trade Operations – Procedure reviews, Implementation and Product Delivery
- Relationship Managers – Customer calls, product issues and resolutions, feedback from customers
- TTS Head – Group Head. Interfaces on a need basis regarding product development, regular updates on product management and business reviews.
- SCOO – Internal Approvals, Product Program approvals, Process and Issue resolutions
- Country Risk Manager – Product Program approvals/Product credit issues and process
- Financial Controller – Management and Tracking of Product Revenues
- CCO/Sub-Sahara Africa Cluster Head – Internal approvals etc.
- Customers – Product Marketing, Acquisitions, Deal booking, Query Update
- Central Bank of Nigeria – Product Clarification and opinion on product structures. Approvals relating to line and exceptional processing
- CEEMEA Trade London – Product Structuring, Marketing Interface etc.
Requirements, Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree,
- Master’s Degree or Professional Qualification
- Minimum 7 years’ experience
- Quality of people
- Regulatory framework
- Competition (Un-even playing field).
- Maintaining a compliant culture when competition is less compliant
- Credit issues
- Limited cross border
- Limited unconfirmed LC limit
- Bureaucracy/Cumbersome processes
- Challenge to “established routine process” instead of business as usual
- High energy, enthusiasm, self-starter
- Strong team player
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Innovative and creative, strategic thinker
- Good financial analysis/Interpretation skills
- Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
- Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer.