Citibank Nigeria Limited is a leading global financial services company. It provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services.
Citibank is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transaction Svs. Team Lead
Primary Location: Nigeria,Lagos
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Function: Operations
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 16028310
Job Purpose: The role has responsibility to ensure that documentation for account opening and mandate changes comply with the KYC processes and Anti-Money laundering drive in line with local regulatory, US Laws and Citi’s policies. The role is also responsible for ensuring accurate updates and processing of customer information on our systems (account opening / system maintenance and other updates, tracking of deferrals, outstanding documentation and safe keeping of account documents by maintaining tight oversight on the activities of the offshore processing teams.
- Ensure prompt service delivery in ASU, as the first point of contact with customers’ files after being marketed by the RM’s.
- Meticulously verify signatures and approve documents/financial instruments with given mandates for other banks. Ensure that Citibank mandates with other Banks and CBN is kept up to date.
- Back up for the Documentation and Account Services Unit Head
- Monitor and ensure transactions are processed in full compliance with applicable regulatory guidelines, laws of Nigeria and/or the United States of America, Citigroup corporate policy, local procedures and international conventions
- Monitor all processes for optimum performance and initiate/participate in process improvement steps where necessary. Review service delivery standards in line with customer and business requirements. Establish trends and conduct analysis to measure efficiency.
- Ensure that up to date SDN screening is done for all signatories and directors of companies
- Coordinates Account Services projects, provide periodic progress report and ensure delivery within timelines.
- Act as a back up to other team members during absences and vacations- the Registrar, Customer Service personnel and Call back designate.
- Coordinate the outsourced check book process ensuring prompt delivery to the customers
- Tasked with role of coordinating cluster/country responses for Adhoc request from the Cluster / Regional Office.
- Back-up responsibility for Ops MIS team.
- Qualitative management of TCS processes e.g. monitoring volumes, TAT, error tracking, ensuring EOD reports are presented accurately, ensuring that next day reviews are done, resolving exceptions/ responding to their queries etc.
- Ensure all Account Opening documents conform to the Citigroup policy and CBN minimum account opening requirements.
- Ensure that all account-opening deferrals are properly approved, updated and follow-up at the right time and tracked to resolution.
- Ensure all staff in the unit have in depth knowledge of applicable policies and regulatory requirements.
- Update the Unit’s procedures for all products in line with external and internal changes.
- Plan and co-ordinate MCA for the unit. Ensure that all MCA exceptions (if any) are corrected, and root causes fixed. Ensure that satisfactory MCA, IA and other routine audit ratings are achieved for various products and processes. Ensure that CBN, NDIC, NIBSS and other regulatory audits are satisfactory.
- Liaise with internal and external reviewers and ensure complete documentation requirements for customer information. Ensure continuous review and update in line with Citi policies and regulatory requirements.
Frequent to daily contact with Product & Business Groups, Compliance, Technology Infrastructure, Credit Risk Management Services, Branches, Citiservice representatives and other Operations & Technology Units including Operations Control, to facilitate error free transaction processing and to provide information on customers’ accounts. Residual reporting within Ops MIS allows interaction with Cluster and Regional partners.
Moderate contact with regulatory bodies, government that provide oversight and regulate banking business in Nigeria by rendering relevant returns on customers’ accounts.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills which is required for both internal and external business partners.
- Strong PC and database management and analytical skills.
- Numeracy skills
- Good Risk control skills and capability
- Good reporting and tracking skills
- Good Interpersonal/Communication Skills
- Customer Focused
- Analytical Mind/Proactive
- Fast Learner
- Meticulous & Accurate
- High level of integrity/sense of responsibility
- Attention to details
- Ability to work under pressure
- Compliance with regulatory/institutional requirements
- Processing within tight turn-around times
- Preparation of Reports with tight timelines
- Customer satisfaction in a highly competitive environment
- Weekend and public holiday work (as and when required)
- Attention to details in document review
- Good organisational and planning skills required to manage a large number of requests. Team player who pays attention to details with a high degree of control and emphasis to quality.
- Careful on details.
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 5 years banking experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply below