Citibank Nigeria Limited, the leading global financial services company, provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Unit Head, Local Corporates
Job ID: 18010898
Employee Status: Regular
- To manage a team of Analysts and Associates covering Citi’s client relationships across Top Tier Local Corporates in Nigeria.
- To build a proprietary understanding of clients’ financial needs/issue agenda; originating and assisting in the execution of innovative deal solutions with and through Citi team partners.
- To build client loyalty by establishing a trusted advisor relationship, as the “first banker to call” who delivers high quality service, and consistently exceeds clients’ expectations.
- To identify new opportunities to up-tier the client relationships in breadth and depth through clients’ changing needs; and where applicable, to introduce and deliver Citi’s strategic product capabilities.
- Manage the Local Corporates Banking team to deliver the revenue and expense plans
- Act as Citi’s and the client’s “value-added gateway” by originating and delivering Citi’s products and services to the owner, CFO and Treasury levels of the client.
- Fully dimension the client’s wallet and identify/create opportunities for Citi to deliver, and understand clients’ business and manage the portfolio from end-to-end.
- Stay informed on product knowledge/developments and deal replication ideas, introduce new opportunities to internal business partners so as to maximize Citi’s opportunity to deliver the best to our clients.
- Maintain asset quality to avoid delinquent or impaired asset portfolio.
- Partner with Risk Management team to understand, lead and manage the risk inherent in the client portfolio and in any deal solutions.
- Ensure adherence to the credit and compliance process standards of the Bank.
- Coach and train unit members (Analysts and Associates) to foster teamwork across team.
- Guide bankers in building and executing a relationship plan — including a deal solutions pipeline for each client that will secure optimum Return on Risk Capital and Basel Capital performance across business and credit cycles, while setting and meeting Citi’s revenue, cross-sell and capital management objectives.
- Liaise with relevant parts of the Citi network (locally and internationally), playing the team co-ordination role in developing and serving relationships, including the implementation of specialist and Citi Senior calling plans.
- Frequently interact with Fixed Income, EAF and Corporate Finance units to generate structured customer solutions and incremental risk assets.
- Frequently interact with Citi-service and OandT in general to deliver proactive customer service to Top Tier Local Corporates
- Frequently interact with TTS to achieve high credit cross sell ratio by actively selling cash management, trade and EB products.
- Frequently interact with Risk and CRMS to maintain acceptable credit quality of relationships in the portfolio
- Frequently interact with all Top Tier Local Corporates Target Market prospects to generate incremental business for the bank
- University Degree
- A Post-graduate Degree and relevant professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
Skills & Experience:
- 15 years Post-graduation experience out of which 10 years must have been in the banking industry and at least 3 years must have been on a senior manager or equivalent position.
- Mandatory working experience in at least 3 major areas of banking operations.
- Analytics – Assimilating new information quickly and relating it to the needs of the client base
- Organized and Proactive – Identifying new business opportunities and making it happen
- Verbal and Written Communication and Presentation skills – compelling client presentations, as well as communicating the detail of client relationship situations to internal contacts simply and succinctly
- Credit skills
- Solid understanding of Corporate and Investment Banking products/solutions
- Prior client relationship management experience and/or relevant product experience
- Leadership and management strategies
- Responsible for meeting a budget on a portfolio of clients
- Fully conversant with Citi credit and compliance policies and practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including listening skills/temperament and cultural sensitivity. Ability to lead persuasively and foster teamwork.
- Able to build and sustain good personal contacts with client executives at varying levels of seniority, balancing client needs and Citi objectives/priorities.
- Innovative – willing to develop a detailed understanding of client issues/needs and develop ideas/solutions in response.
- Strong work ethic; high energy levels; results oriented – a self-starter prepared to take the initiative to start topics and/or follow issues through, whilst exercising judgment as to when to seek assistance.
- Networking – Maintaining close contact with coverage, product and risk specialists within Citi locally and internationally.
- Natural Team Player – Having an adaptable/flexible approach; willing to work in a co-operative manner to fulfil client and internal requirements.
- Understanding the impact of constant regulatory changes on customers businesses and in converting them to business opportunities
- Ability to convince customers to adhere to high compliance/ethical standards of Citibank for transaction processing in a non-compliant environment.
- Problem loan recognition capability
- Ability to optimally coordinate the activities of the different units within the bank in order to deliver quality service to the customer.
- Designing strategies and products to enable Citibank stay ahead of competition
- Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Note: Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.