Posted on :
10 Jul, 2011
10 Jul, 2011
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health, especially among the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. We live our mission to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
The LMS Prevention Organizational Systems AIDS Care and Treatment Project (Pro-ACT) is a USAID-funded project managed by Management Sciences for Health (MSH). The goal of the project is to build the capacity of Nigeria’s public/private institutions and communities to strengthen sustainable systems for HIV/AIDS and TB service delivery.
Job Title: Clinical HIV/AIDS Specialist
Job ID: 12-4200
The objective of the Clinical Services Specialist position will be to provide leadership to the state program in building a network of clinical HIV services (PITC, PMTCT, enrollment into palliative care/continuum of care, referral to community care services, ART, TB care, follow-up of clients on ART and/or TB treatment and PMTCT mother-baby pairs and link them with the community care services).
– Provide technical input in the development of an integrated State Pro-ACT project plan in collaboration with the Directors, Advisors and State Teams.
– Take lead in the establishment of comprehensive HIV/AIDS and TB care and treatment services in the state
– Take lead in building the capacity of health workers (didactic, mentoring etc) in all the technical areas so they are able to provide the said clinical HIV/AIDS services.
– Liaise with the State Logistics Specialist to monitor ARV and OI drug stocks in the State and ensure timely procurement and distribution.
– Liaise with the M&E Specialist to ensure programmatic components of the M&E system are functionalized. (clarity of indicators, PMM and other tools to HF staff, data quality audits, reporting etc)
– Identify and flag human resource needs including technical assistance/consultants
– Represent MSH Pro-ACT project at the state level on matters of CC&T.
– Network with other State Government, CSO and community partners in the State to establish a functional referral system for clients between clinical and community-based HIV/AIDS services.
– Document programmatic achievements and keep the State Team Leader informed on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
– Manage the roll-out of the project clinical quality assurance program in the state ensuring SOPs and job aids are available at points of use and quality audits are conducted periodically
– Assist the STL to coordinate the establishment of a state technical and administrative supervisory system for all implementing partners.
– Participate in activities to extend/expand the Pro-ACT project to other health facilities, communities and States.
The suitable candidate will have a post-graduate degree in public health, medicine, or other related field.
– At least 3 years experience working on a PEPFAR-supported ART program. Experience building capacity of health workers to provide HIV/AIDS and TB care and treatment is a must.
– The candidate will have demonstrable expertise in managing clients along the continuum of care, PMTCT and linkage with community-based programs.
– Program design and management experience is desirable. Practical experience working on pediatric care and treatment programs will be an advantage.
– Experience in operations research and health system strengthening shall be an added advantage.
Willingness to travel within and outside Nigeria as required