Air Nigeria, (formerly Virgin Nigeria) was established in 2004 when the Federal Government of Nigeria and Virgin Atlantic Airways signed a Memorandum of Mutual Understanding (MMU) that gave birth to the airline. Air Nigeria, then trading as Virgin Nigeria Airways started operating on 28th June, 2005 with flights to London Heathrow, Johannesburg as well as regional and domestic flights using Airbus A340-300 and A320-200 aircrafts. The airline quickly endeared itself in the minds of consumers as a result of its excellent customer service delivery and safety standards (being the first West African carrier listed on IOSA directory).
Air Nigeria, currently flies to Abuja, Owerri, Kano, Port Harcourt, and Sokoto (on the domestic route) regionally we fly to Abidjan, Accra, Banjul, Brazzaville, Cotonou, Dakar, Douala, Liberia, Libreville and Monrovia.
Essential to our growth and success is the employment of high quality pilot in Lagos for our expanding fleet. We are offering exciting career opportunities for dynamic pilots to join us.
Job Title: Captain
Responsible to the Chief Pilot and the Company for safe and efficient operation of the aircraft; to join us as Captain, you will need
- ATPL/First class Medical/Current (Sim) on type B737NG, B737 classic or E-JET
- A total of 4,000 hours out of which 1000 hours must be on Multi- Engine turboprop/turbojets aero planes and at least 3000 hours
- in command.
- Excellent CRM Skills
- Valid recurrent checks
- Strong leadership and flight deck management skills
All Pilots Must Have
- Good understanding of commercial air transport operations
- Positive and proactive attitude towards flight safety
- Good communication skills
- IT literacy
- ATPL/CPL with B737 classic, B737NG or E-JET type rating
- Last flight on any of the required types must be within the last 24 months
- First Class Medical
- English proficiency level Four (4) or better
- Valid passport
- No criminal history
- No history of incident or accidents
What We Offer
In return we will offer you a great place to work, and a reward package consisting of a commuting contract (12 weeks on, 2 weeks off), competitive salary, excellent training and development, medical cover, staff travel benefits and an opportunity for growth.
To be considered, you will need to do the following:
Download the application form please Click Here
, click on the ‘SAVE’ button and save the file to an appropriate location (you will want to carefully note the location you save to, so that you will be able to find the file once download is complete)
Carefully complete the application form.
Please do not complete this form unless you are a pilot. Note that this application form is only for Pilots applying for Flight Deck positions.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. This offer closes Saturday, December 31, 2011