The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world’s largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Auditor
Job ID: R-07497
Job Level: 01. Regular
Job Grade Range: 10
- We are looking for an experienced Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety professional based in West/Central Africa (English and French language skills), with a proven track record in driving exceptional operational performance, risk mitigation and regulatory compliance within a large FMCG organization, seeking global exposure with one the World’s largest and most successful food and beverage Companies, leading to future technical career opportunities within the Coca-Cola system.
- The Global Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety (GEOSH) Auditor is a member of the Global Quality, Safety and Environmental Sustainability (QSE) organization responsible for assuring that all bottling operations manufacturing for, or on behalf of The Company are producing products of the highest quality, both safely and sustainably, and in accordance with Company standards, policies, practices and procedures.
- Our team of high skilled and qualified professionals are responsible for the independent, objective verification of performance of all Coca-Cola system bottling operations, both internal and external (franchise partners/co-packers), manufacturing in 900+ locations across the 200+ countries in which we operate.
- The Company’s Global Audit Organization is operating as a valued business partner in taking a proactive approach to enabling the Quality, Safety and Environmental performance of bottling operations Worldwide.
- The GEOSH Auditor plays a key role in contributing to this strategic approach to audit, recognizing the incredible responsibility of not only protecting the value and reputation of one of the Worlds most recognized brands, but enhancing the performance and capability of our system and its people.
- Target location for this Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental Auditor position is West or Central Africa: (Abidjan, Lagos, Nairobi, …). English and French language skills are required. This position requires minimum 50% domestic and international travel.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare and conduct independent, risk focused, compliance and systems based audits of TCCC’s worldwide bottling operations (both internal and external) to verify conformance to TCCC’s Occupation Health & Safety, and Environmental Sustainability requirements.
- Rigorously review TCCC’s key environmental and Occupational health and safety performance indicators for information that facilitates and enhances the assessment of business risk, leading to a more effective audit process.
- Leverage investigative skills and techniques to quickly identify risk situations and areas of non-conformance
- Prepare comprehensive, fact based, audit reports that are clear and concise, allowing operations to accurately address the root causes of non-conformances and the subsequent development of effective corrective actions plans.
- Ensure all relevant information is captured accurately, and entered in a timely manner into the Company’s on-line reporting and data warehouse system.
- Assess and provide feedback on the quality of corrective action plans to ensure the effective completion and mitigation of all risks
- Interact and communicate regularly with bottler and Company senior management in the reporting of business risks
- Continuously seek insights and knowledge on industry trends and technology that will further improve the organizations value proposition and performance (for EOSH, as well as from an audit perspective).
- Utilize subject matter expertise to participate in the review, development and enhancement of Company standards, policies and procedures
- Facilitate the development and reporting of organizational metrics that lead to enhanced audit organization / system performance
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Life and/or Health Science, Engineering, Chemistry or related field
- 5-15 years in an operational environmental occupational health and safety role within a leading fast moving consumer goods organization
- Experience with implementation and oversight of environmental and safety management systems such as ISO14000 / 18000.
- Exposure to and review of compliance to legal regulations for EOSH e.g. OSHA, ANSI
- Proven track record of driving improvement in EOSH performance indicators e.g. LTIR/TIR, Water Use Ratio, Energy efficiency, Carbon, etc.
- Experience with comprehensive root cause analysis and problem solving methodologies. Demonstrated examples of use of these tools in the assessment and solving of problems.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills (written, oral and presentation)
- Proven Project Management experience, with examples demonstrating budget, time and resource management performance
- Familiarity with and exposure to lean 6 sigma tools and methodologies
- Understanding of importance of technical governance in delivering a safe and sustainable product/process
- Demonstrated evidence of critical thinking, logic, patience, reasoning, empathy, continuous learning and development
- ISO 14000 / 18000 Management system certification.
- NEBOSH Certification or equivalent
- Green Belt Six Sigma
- Project management (e.g. Kepner Tregoe)
- Root cause analysis / troubleshooting methodologies and tools
Specific Skills & Knowledge
- Manufacturing: Knowledge of process operating conditions and requirements leading to the safe manufacture of products e.g. OSHA. Includes the implementation of and assessment of performance to these requirements in areas such as loss time injury rates, lock out, tag out, hearing conservation, fall protection, work at heights, safe operation of forklifts and trucks, confined space entry management, use of PPE etc.
- Environmental conformance: Knowledge of environmental principles and programs that ensure compliance with both TCCC and local regulations and requirements. Includes water and wastewater management, recycling, energy efficiency etc.
- Problem solving and continuous improvement: Demonstrated knowledge of key tools and techniques used to determine root cause of non-compliance and the subsequent mitigation of risk
- Six Sigma / Lean : Foundational knowledge of operational effectiveness / excellence principles that drive efficiency and improved business performance
- Project Management: Knowledge of project management principles and the ability to apply these principles, tools and techniques to develop/plan, manage or execute projects or work plans to ensure successful completion (e.g., on time, within budget).
Process Skills & Knowledge:
- Communication: Effective, oral, written and presentation based skills that lead to understanding, and buy-in.
- Investigative Analysis / Attention to Detail: conduct in-depth assessments of a process, program or activity using various tools and techniques of data collection that leads to a conclusion on performance/risk.
- Critical / System Thinking: the ability to think systemically and holistically in establishing connections and conclusions
- Logic and Reasoning: think clearly and sensibly with both structure and purpose
- Decision making: use facts and information to establish motive. Be aware of the impact of decisions on both short and long term needs of the business
- Risk / change management : understand the impact of change and the need to be purposeful in both communication and actions
- Franchise leadership : understanding the business and the role each position plays in driving overall system performance
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity: recognizing the global nature of our business and the need to be sensitive to various cultural norms and practices
- Working independently / self-starter: entrepreneurial by nature, understanding the size of the opportunity and the ability to influence and shape ones future through proactive engagement and participation
- Continuous learning: constantly seeking information and understanding, with the goal of establishing broader knowledge, insight and wisdom. Transitioning from the “what”, to the “why” and “how”
- Objectivity: Ability to remain independent and objective. This includes adhering to the facts and standards and not being unduly influenced by operating management.
- Drive innovation
- Balance immediate and long term priorities.
- Collaborate with the system, customers and key stakeholders
- Act like an owner
- Inspire others
- Develop self and others
- Must be fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Proficient in local language where audits will be conducted (mainly French Africa) : for this position French is required.
- Ideal candidates have additional language skills beyond local language.
- Minimum 50 % domestic and International Travel. Potential extended periods of time away from home when participating in project related activities or assignments.
- Drive Innovation: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- Collaborate with System, Customers, and Other Stakeholders: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- Act like an Owner: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- Inspire Others: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- Develop Self and Others: Develop self and support others’ development to achieve full potential.
- Growth Mindset: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- Smart Risk: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- Externally Focused: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- Performance Driven and Accountable: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- Fast/Agile: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- Empowered: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
Application Closing Date