The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world’s largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Franchise Marketing Manager
Job ID: R-03091
Job Type: Full time
Function Specific Activities
- The Senior Franchise Marketing Manager – Nigeria is responsible for leading the development of over-arching business & marketing strategies affecting the total portfolio within Nigeria; ultimately delivering positive Volume, NSR, PBT & Brand Love growth.
- The Company’s effort in building a strong consumer insight driven business growth model across all of the NARTD Beverage categories, coupled with development of scalable programs & tools for implementation by our Bottling partner – NBC is critical to our short and long-term business success.
- This person will be a key contributor in shaping the relationship and strategic plan development with this partner.
- The key purpose of this role is the development of market-based strategies & tactics collaboratively with the WABU Marketing leaders, Nigeria Franchise Leadership Team, and Nigeria Bottling Company to ensure we implement strong plans for consumer-driven business growth.
- They will also have ownership of key Business Unit initiatives and programs required by the WABU Business Plan, to achieve long-term growth objectives.
- These programs will require the individual to oversee a team of marketing associates that will collaborate with WABU Central Marketing, Franchise C&CL, Other functions (Finance, IMCC, Operations, Supply Chain, Commercialization), and the Bottler Marketing & Operations teams to ensure complete delivery of the agreed plan. Lastly, this individual will be required to lead ONE Marketing Leadership Team project – resulting in fundamental capability improvement for the BU Marketing team.
- The key means to achieve these goals are the development of diagnostics, strategies, content, and capability within their region of responsibility.
- The work of the individual requires leveraging the collective intelligence of our system, through a collaborative approach with the Regional Franchise Managers, Strategy & Insights, and C&CL.
- They need to drive the strategy and build / adapt their Franchise Marketing Plan content in partnership with Creative Agencies, leveraging internal and external best thinking, creating internal BU awareness around it, build key marketing competency skills for personal and professional development and act as the key integrator on their projects.
- The Initiatives (both consumer and shopper programmes) this person will leverage, create or adapt will be built from local market insights to ensure their local plans are highly resonant across their consumers and will change beliefs, attitudes and behaviours about the brands under their scope, which will lead to incremental brand consumption and purchase ( and ultimately brand love ).
- They will need to have strong project & people leadership skills to ensure programs are efficiently development and leverage strong persuasive selling skills to inspire our Bottling partners to co-invest and execute with excellence.
- Lastly, this person will be responsible for managing multiple associates to carry out the above business responsibilities.
- They will be required to balance governance & engagement throughout the planning and implementation of the business plans; ensuring each associate has an individualized career and development plan to follow and grow. As a member of the WABU Marketing Leadership team, they will be responsible for providing assessments of their associates and calibration of the Marketing Community through the talent factory process.
Nigeria Marketing Plan Development & Implementation – 50%:
- Leads Annual Franchise Marketing & Commercial Business Planning – providing “end-2-end” business solutions that deliver “through the line” messaging to consumers/shoppers coupled with strong affordability & availability thought-leadership to deliver BP objectives across all categories and brands. (NSR growth/ Transactions growth/ Value Share / BLS)
- Develop the corresponding prioritized investment strategy deciding the allocation, post aligning all key stakeholders, and own overall management of DME for Nigeria. In addition, provide proactive / alternative marketing & commercial plans, budget management and contingency planning to deliver positive ROI and competitive disruption; thus requiring in-depth market understanding & agility.
- Ensuring timely launch and success of the innovation & RGM pipeline throughout the year; ensuring that all cross-functional members and Bottlers are aligned and working on-time to deliver the objectives and goals.
- Partner with all key Bottler and local community constituents to assess and mitigate any potential risks related to the programs’ implementation.
- Owns Bottler Relationship on Marketing Strategy and Plans; leading regular operational & marketing excellence routines/discussions with Bottlers.
- Accountable for the successful implementation of the key projects identified within the Strategic Business Plan – including Communication, Innovation, RGM, and In-Store Messaging. Lead, through Agencies / Direct Reports, the project management of all key programs, achieving support and approval from key Franchise, BU & Bottler stakeholders.
- Identify & leverage external and internal best practices as applicable to the specific Franchise programmes; harvesting the maximum learning and inform the development and activation of best in class programmes by the BU Central team.
People Management & Organizational Development – 30%:
- Provide Coaching & Development of Direct Reports (MM/SBM/BM/JBM/ABM) in achieving overall business objectives – National & Regional, while ensuring Associate Development continues on-track for capability development and career progression
- Leads a BU Marketing Leadership Team Project – typically includes leading a training capability project or offsite within the BU to tackle a significant marketing organization challenge.
Long-Term Market Strategy & Planning – 20%:
- Develops & Provides Thought Leadership On Portfolio Strategy – based on WABU/Nigeria Portfolio Strategy and Growth Plan – to develop Innovation & RGM Pipeline (Product, Pack, Equipment) to achieve long-term growth.
- Co-Lead with Franchise Performance & Planning Manager – key long-term strategic recommendations to the General Manager & WABU Marketing Director on How The Business Should/Will Grow.
Organization Impact/ Influence
- Nigeria General Manager – business manager
- WABU Marketing Director – functional manager
- Franchise Customer & Commercial Leader – key functional partner
- Franchise Marketing team – direct reports
- Nigeria Bottling Company Managing Director – bottler business leader
- Nigeria Bottling Company Marketing Lead – bottler functional leader
- (2) Regional Franchise Leaders: North & South – key functional partners
- WABU IMC Manager & Nigeria Media Manager – key functional enablers
- WABU K&I Manager & Nigeria K&I Manager – key functional enablers
- Local Advertising Agency Creative Directors and Account Managers
- Nigeria Bottling Company Sales Lead – bottler functional leader
- Coca-Cola Hellenic Group Marketing Lead – bottler functional leader
- Other WABU Marketing Leadership Team members – Commercialization, Capability, Finance
- Other Nigeria Franchise Leadership Team members – Technical, Finance, Legal
Purpose of Interactions
- Development & Implement of Key Programs; ensuring multi-disciplinary approach & cross-functional/bottler alignment and leadership to activities.
- Persuasive “selling” to ensure Strategies & Programs are not only aligned in principle – but aligned in meaning and interpretation; resulting in total System clarity on path forward.
- Obtain feedback to step change and adapt programs through, Negotiation, Empathy, and ability to listen in order to understand other’s points of view to inform their own.
- Capability of communicating concisely and to communicate complex topics in a simple manner to non-insiders or experts.
- Relationship building with external stakeholders to proactively build credibility and understanding of individual objectives and needs to find common ground during crisis/moments of misalignment.
- Overall department of 5-8 marketing associates of various grades; including full hiring, work assignments, performance review, career & development responsibilities.
Related Job Requirements/ Qualifications
- Minimum Years of Experience: 12-15 years within TCCC or Other Global FMCG company with a significant brand consumer/product roles.
- In depth understanding, knowledge and practical experience in consumer marketing and ideally sales/operations management.
- Demonstrated people management both direct and in-direct over numerous years.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree Preferred: Master’s Degree – preferably MBA or Masters of Marketing
- Ability to collaborate in an International / Global cultural context is critical considering the diversity of the Business Unit.
- Develop thought leadership, market/program strategy and executional leadership for the Franchise/Bottlers; developing new approaches to encompass local needs/problems.
- Demonstrated ability to perform and evaluate quantitative analysis (financial, consumer insights, sales tracking) and convert findings to clear business actions with supporting rationale.
Judgement and Decision Making:
- Local Programs & Initiatives – with recommendations provided at key gate reviews with General Manager & BUMD
- Approver of All Marketing Materials within Standards (Brand, Formula, Assets, Financial etc.)
- Market Specific DME – based on recommendation agreement by General Manager & BUMD
- Development of People – based on recommendation agreement by General Manager, BU Marketing Leadership Team & BUMD
- Drive Innovation: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- Inspire Others: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- Collaborate with System, Customers, and Other Stakeholders: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- Act Like an Owner: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- Develop Self and Others: Develop self and support others’ development to achieve full potential.
- 25% within Nigeria and to occasional training/off-sites in: Nairobi, Atlanta, Johannesburg
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply