The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world’s largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Franchise Director Nigeria – South & West
Job ID: R-12566
Location: Lagos, Nigeria – NGA
Job Type: Full Time
Job Level: 01. Regular
- Provide System leadership and co-ordination across the Supply Chain to achieve the geographic
- location’s volume and share objectives through leading the development and the execution of the
- Business Plan (BP) and the Bottler Business Plan (BBP)
Business Performance / Budgets:
- Achieve volume and market share objectives as per BP. o Manage and track gallon shipments with Bottler/supply point. Bottler DSI.
- Set up, track and manage Bottler TMI budgets. Ensure rapid processing of marketing claims.
- Manage assigned OPEX budgets within budget where appropriate
- Develop and implement 3 year BP for assigned geography
- Manage Bottler and trade pricing according to brand/package contribution priorities o Ensure distribution capability efficiencies, outlet execution and expansion benchmarks and objectives are set and met through the execution of the BP / BBP
- Ensure Bottlers have the production capacity to meet mutually agreed 3 year BP volume objectives by pack size
- Build value based and strategic “win-win” relationships with System partners at all levels up and including Bottler senior local management o Institutionalize Bottler (System) training and development capability initiatives
- Coach and develop reporting KO associates to maximize full and current potential
- Approve and ensure execution of annual BBP. Report and follow-up with senior local Bottler management
- Approve and ensure execution of annual Customer Business Plans
- Consumer Preference / Pricing / Penetration
- Ensure application of programs designed to enhance consumer brand equity in BP and BBP
- Agree overall brand/price/pack/channel plans with KO marketing associates and ensure inclusion of RGM strategies and programs in the BP / BBP to maximize revenue generation. Develop and execute
- Manage Bottler brand mix to maximize brand profitability
- Together with the PAC function ensure execution of community programs designed to enhance the external image and reputation of TCCC within the community.
Organization Impact/ Influence
Extensive High Level Strategic / Operational Interaction with:
Within The Company:
- Franchise Director (guidance, supervision, coaching)
- Peer associates within Marketing, Financial, Technical, PAC functions etc.(collaboration)
- Reporting associates within the Operations function (leadership, guidance, coaching)
Outside The Company:
- Bottler Senior Local Management (Gain commitment to and execution of BBPs) o External organizations as appropriate and at the appropriate level
- 1 Operations Marketing Manager
- 1 NCR Field Operations Analyst
Related Job Requirements/ Qualifications
- KO system knowledge and clear understanding of the dynamics of the soft drink industry
- Strategic mindset. Ability to identify and act on opportunities
- Understanding of RGM and ability to covert same into winning strategies
- Project management skills
- Ability to manage budgets
- People management skills
- Communication skills
Competencies (Leader of Others):
- Drives Innovative Business Improvements
- Tests multiple scenarios against strategies to ensure maximum results Balances Immediate and Long-Term Priorities
- Sets priorities that are focused on delivering clear, focused decisions and direction to the organization
- Translates complex strategic issues into clear action plans for the team
- Prepares the organization to focus on the delivery of short- and long-term results
- Leverages knowledge and subject-matter expertise to influence System-wide decisions
- Gathers and applies insights from across the System to create alignment around critical objectives
- Makes connections between the Manifesto for Growth and decision-making in his/her unit
- Takes a company-wide approach to making decisions that may increase long-term profitability
- Encourages others to develop and implement unique, breakthrough ideas
- Identifies and provides clarity around initiatives that deliver differentiated value to the company
- Uses input from internal and external sources to promote leading edge solutions
- Educates others on the importance of anticipating customer needs and measuring outcomes
- Challenges team members to use rational, logical arguments to shift the positions of others
- Encourages teams to look to multiple sources to identify and reinforce leading practices
- Defines performance objectives for self and team that ensure exceptional results
- Helps others to understand the linkage between team contributions and System-wide success
- Addresses risks and obstacles by working closely with the team to devise plans to overcome them
- Drives the team to build competitive advantage through the integration of our vision into current work Classified – Confidential
- Defines accountability such that everyone is responsible for contributing to successful outcomes
- Works with the team to ensure efforts are focused on value-added solutions that lead to quality results
- Helps others to embrace the idea of setting stretch goals to improve business results Imports and Exports Good Ideas
- Builds strong internal networks for collaboration and knowledge transfer with other parts of the company
- Encourages others to identify and adopt leading-edge ideas that result in increased success
- Uses data from multiple constituents to devise plans for competing in the marketplace
- Encourages others to build internal and external relationships that result in leveraged solutions
- Coaches others on the importance of change as a mechanism for executing our business goals
- Helps others to identify industry data that will contribute to System-wide success
- Ensures the team understands the importance of building profitable, long-term relationships Develops and Inspires Others
- Anticipates talent needs and helps to recruit, develop, retain and reward team members
- Uses talent assessment skills as a mechanism for anticipating and addressing team needs
- Provides on-going, timely feedback to others, and takes the opportunity to ask for it as well
- Communicates effectively and with impact to motivate others to realize their potential
- Establishes and maintains an environment in which everyone can participate, share and feel included
- Leverages individual differences to motivate others and create organizational impact
- Sets clear, business-oriented objectives for self and others on the team Lives the Values
- Demonstrates personal commitment and holds others accountable to our Values
- Encourages open, candid, trusting relationships and motivates others to embrace change
- Lends excitement and support to the work we’re doing on the Manifesto for Growth
- Ensures company interests are always placed ahead of team and personal agendas
- Demonstrates and encourages promoting and protecting our image internally and externally
- Actively helps employees through changes and transitions in our culture
- Inspires teams to embrace our culture and strive for personal excellence
- 7-10 years experience with a FMCG Company ideally with P&L responsibility. Functional experience within an operational function would be an advantage. Bottler experiences an added advantage.
- Post graduate Business qualification
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration preferred.
- Ability to balance interaction at multiple levels from Bottler Senior Management to retailers requires cultural sensitivity.
- Cultural diversity specifics will depend on assigned geography characteristics
- Priority setting within expanded framework of responsibilities
- Rapid execution of decisions through internal management process
- Need to maximize efficiencies, decision making and learning vertically within the KO and Bottler Partner System structures and horizontally across markets
- Alignment of System Partner and KO planning priorities and timing
Judgement and Decision Making:
- The Franchise Manager is responsible primarily for the development and execution of both the geography BP and BBP
- Will depend on local conditions of the assigned geography and work base
- 50% local travel
- Drive Innovation: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- Collaborate with System, Customers, and other Stakeholder: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- Act like an Owner: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- Inspire Others: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- Develop Self and Others: Develop self and support others’ development to achieve full potential.
- Growth Mindset: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- Performance Driven and Accountable: Has high-performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- Fast/Agile: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- Empowered: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
- Smart Risk: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- Externally Focused: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply