Code for Africa is the continent’s largest federation of independent civic technology and data journalism laboratories, which build digital democracy solutions giving citizens unfettered access to actionable information that empowers them to make informed decisions and that strengthen civic engagement for improved public governance and accountability. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
- The successful candidates will work as part of a multinational and multilingual team using digital collaboration tools to create content for a global audience and international media partners.
- At least four (4) years of relevant programming experience building and operating multi-tier web applications (including REST APIs).
- A deep understanding of computer science principles and the ability to evaluate and implement new technologies as needed.
- Working knowledge of modern software development practices and technologies such as CI/CD pipelines.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills paired with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to lead and motivate teams, and to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline.
- Experience working in development organisations (NGOs/CSO/non-profit), technology/media organisations or high-growth startups.
What We Offer:
- A competitive salary, subject to experience, with opportunities for performance-based growth, both in terms of career path and public stature.
- A dynamic workplace, with a transnational team, occasional international travel, and generous vacation benefits.
- Ongoing opportunities to learn new cutting-edge skills and techniques/technologies to future-proof yourself in a rapidly evolving industry.
- A chance to shine on a global stage, writing for international audiences and interacting with colleagues around the world.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
31st March, 2023.