Coffey International Development has a 40 year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK’s Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Intervention Officer
Locations: NPP Office in Borno/Enugu/Lagos/Kano
- We are looking for an Intervention Officer to support the implementation of NPP at the state level until March 2019.
- The Nigeria Policing Programme (NPP) is funded by the British High Commission through the Conflict, Stabilisation and Security Fund (CSSF).
- The programme aims to improve the Nigerian Police Force’s contribution to the delivery of safety and security for Nigerians in target states; strengthen internal and external accountability mechanisms; and improve the coherence of security provision among and between formal and informal security actors.
- The State Intervention Officer will provide support to the implementation of NPP at the state level.
- He/she will work closely with the State Intervention Officer to ensure successful delivery of programme interventions at the state level.
- They will also work closely with the Abuja based team, including the Deputy Team Leader- Planning and Operations.
- In collaboration with the State Intervention Lead, the State Intervention Officer will ensure the delivery of the state specific work-plans. The State Intervention Officer will be responsible for managing grantee partnerships, with oversight from the State Intervention Lead.
- Support NPP engagement with police stations and other key stakeholders including relevant government stakeholders. Promote NPP’s strategic objectives and key messages and ensure key stakeholders understand NPP.
- The State Intervention Officer will be responsible for coordinating reporting aspects of the programme from state level ensuring programme reports are received in time and to NPP’s requirements.
- Manage communication and relationships between partners and grantees at state level.
- Support the implementation of NPP at the state level – planning, organising and attending partners’ activities and meetings.
- Be responsible for coordination activities in the state between partners and stakeholders.
- Collate case studies and lessons learnt to share with the Communications Officer.
- Gather and document evidence for monitoring, evaluation and learning purposes.
- Adhere to all security advice from Coffey’s Risk Management Team.
- Adhere to Coffey International Policies and Procedures as outlined in the Operations Manual.
- Adhere to Coffey International’s behaviours: Ingenuity, Collaboration, Respect, Intelligent Risk, Integrity and Delivery.
- Engage in the activities of the Programme Management Team and contribute to the progression of the programme, to ensure delivery of project outputs and outcomes in line with NPP’s logframe. This will involve routine programme meetings (each week) to undertake detailed review of progress against the logframe, adjusting work-plans and resourcing on an on-going basis to remain on track.
- Some travel and out of office hours work may be required.
- Any other duties as may be required for the exigency of the programme.
- The State Intervention Assistant will report to the State Intervention Lead.
- He/she will work closely with the State Intervention Officer.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 3 + years’ experience working in similar programmes
- Experience working with grantees.
- Knowledge of security programmes and security stakeholders in Nigeria, and specifically stakeholders relevant to the state and community level of work.
- Experience developing budgets, concept notes and reports.
- Excellent project management skills.
Competencies and Behaviours:
- Self-starter who uses their initiative and provides solutions to problems.
- Organised and efficient with an attention to detail.
- Able to work well in a small team.
- Well organised and a strong attention to detail
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply
Note: This position will be based in the capital of each state, and will be recruited locally.
Application Deadline 7th January, 2018.